Our hearts are all feeling a little heavier after last night’s dramatic episode of The Bachelorette. It’s either all the heartbreak, or the mountain of wine and cheese we stress-ate. Curse you, Greg, and our lactose intolerance!
ICYMI, this episode took us on the never awkward journey of hometown visits. Katie Thurston met the families of her top 3 contestants: Blake Moynes, Justin Glaze and Greg Grippo.
All was well in the land of love and roses…until Katie’s date with frontrunner Greg. He poured his heart out to Katie, proclaiming that he was in love with her and that she filled a hole in his heart. When Katie didn’t say “I love you” back, Greg left feeling defeated. And probably even more holey.
Here’s the moment in question, when the tides turned in Greg and Katie’s relationship. Mostly due to the amount of tears that poured out of him.
For those who missed it… this was def the moment everything changed for Greg… 😬 Do we think he will come back? #TheBachelorette #bachelorette pic.twitter.com/5xPAnHKQUD
— Simona (@simona_ka) August 3, 2021
For the cherry on top, Greg returned the next day to break up with Katie, saying she felt like a stranger to him now. Some people in Bachelor Nation accused Greg of gaslighting Katie, as she was left confused, distraught, and heartbroken. So were we, but thankfully we weren’t stuck in New Jersey. Or on national TV.
Luckily, it’s not all bad news. Twitter came through with hilarious bachelorette tweets and jokes about this whole ordeal, and we rounded up the best of the bunch. Hopefully your laughter will soften the blow, and if not, there’s always next week’s finale.
We guess we’re Team Blake now?
25 Bachelorette Tweets and Funny Memes About Katie’s Hometown Visits
1. Before our opinions about Greg changed for the worse.
2. Good morning, Baltimore!
3. The best news we’ve heard all year.
4. Can she be the show’s new host?
5. We thought this was The Bachelorette?
6. Mama Thurston spitting facts.
“ we don’t put ourselves in a position where we have to rely on a man” – Katie’s mom . #bachelorette #TheBachelorette @BacheloretteABC pic.twitter.com/wTIVEcL27y
— brittanya piggy (@jeffgarcia1010) August 3, 2021
7. The classic, “look, but don’t get touched by real feelings” mentality.
8. She’s a little too rational for Bachelor Nation.
9. He fooled us all.
10. Call us Miles Teller because this feels like whiplash.
11. We’re just gonna leave this here.
12. The devil works hard…
13. T as in Thurston?
14. We knew we recognized that somewhere!
15. We ran out of popcorn 20 minutes ago.
16. Privacy? Who’s she?
the bachelorette producers rn #bachelorette pic.twitter.com/j9HxTmlWgO
— Kathleen Holmes (@kathleenrholmes) August 3, 2021
17. Ahhh, he’s a Gemini. It all makes sense now.
18. Queens supporting queens.
19. Something real, duh.
20. Our heads hurt, and it’s not just from that bottle of wine.
21. Unfortunately, we must unstan.
22. The red flags are brighter than the sun.
available Greg manipulative Greg
#TheBachelorette #Bachelorette pic.twitter.com/qbyyGmHcrT
— Bachelor Bob (@BachelorBob_) August 3, 2021
23. Nailed it!
Greg's acting coach watching this dramatic final monologue:#bachelorette #thebachelorette pic.twitter.com/b3VbmOkX11
— The Lorax, M.S. (@alcassoi) August 3, 2021
24. Even the hamsters are scared. Look what you did, Greg!
Me watching Greg turn into one big red flag before my own eyes #bachelorette pic.twitter.com/GLnH6fGSOR
— Katie (@katiedans12) August 3, 2021
25. Aaaand here’s what we have to look forward to next week.
Next week on the Bachelorette…#TheBachelorette pic.twitter.com/jDtOBuOyeB
— koby (@kobzilla_001) August 3, 2021
- Here’s All Of Taylor Swifts Outfits for Her Eras Tour With Dupes for Each - March 27, 2023
- 50 Funny Work Memes To Distract You From Whatever You’re Working On - March 19, 2023
- We’re Fired Up By These Aries Nails (And The Hot Sauce We Just Ate) - March 18, 2023
Leave a Comment