Whether you love it or hate to love it, Greta Gerwig is bringing a live action Barbie movie to the masses. It’s starring the ethereal humans Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling and will hit theaters on July 21, 2023. But we already have some Barbie set photos that are getting the best tweet and meme reactions.
We keep getting little sneak peaks at the characters and their costumes, created by costume designer Jacqueline Durran. She also designed for Gerwig’s Little Women, giving us more range than than any home has ever been on.
Most recently, we got a look at roller skating Barbie and Ken. They were gliding through Venice Beach, decked out in neon spandex, visors, and elbow pads. We love it when fashion and safety intersect. Which unfortunately can’t be said for those orange life vests that somehow strangle you while saving you.
To bring your week a little brightness, here are the best Barbie set photos so far, along with some stellar Twitter reactions of our new Barbie, Ken, and supporting characters.
20 Best Reactions to the Latest “Barbie” Set Photos
1. We’re not accepting any questions at this time.
2. Movie magic has never looked so good. Or…so neon.
Margot Robbie & Ryan Gosling 🎥
On the set of Barbie movie. pic.twitter.com/pRaUslpYfz
— margotland (@mrobbieland) June 28, 2022
3. And left no crumbs.
— Lou Valentine 💗 (@lighttothecore) June 28, 2022
4. Okay, but are her feet always stuck in the same position?
Margot Robbie IS Barbie. Look at her!! That's real-life Barbie ✨💗 pic.twitter.com/JGSotGo8HF
— Anna ♡ (@dollyanna_) June 28, 2022
5. Anyone else feel tingly on the inside?
MARGOTS BARBIE VOICE WAITT pic.twitter.com/rsbpwQtChU
— nai (@margotswhore) June 27, 2022
6. Get you a costume designer who can do 1860’s chic and 80’s Barbie dream.
Officially starting my Best Costume Design Oscar campaign for whomever is responsible for this BRILLIANCE in the Barbie movie. pic.twitter.com/tIXT7pUWpn
— BJ Colangelo (@bjcolangelo) June 28, 2022
7. Guilty, and not even remotely ashamed.
8. Buddy the Elf?! What are you doing wearing pink??
THEY'RE TRYING TO CATCH BARBIE OMG pic.twitter.com/n0awq1w7fO
— bethany (@fiImgal) June 27, 2022
9. We’re gonna need a pair of those rollerblades like, yesterday.
10. Hear us out…Met Gala 2023: Life in Plastic.
11. Move aside, fake men!
12. Please don’t take away the one thing bringing us joy?
13. And we’re like a cake that’s still liquid on the inside: not done.
14. Hey Big Lebowski, get ready to fight for that cult classic crown.
15. Barbie, but make it angsty with a hint of vampire.
16. Sugar, he’s goin’ down!
pete wentz on the set of barbie pic.twitter.com/lEc4DQS4Qx
— olivia 🦖 (@sewerwolfs) June 28, 2022
17. The multiverse has never felt more real.
18. Megan Fox and MGK understood the assignment. We’re not sure which one, exactly. But it was understood.
19. Sometimes growing up really is great.
20. Our bodies are ready.
- These BeReal Memes Are Even More Entertaining Than the App Itself - August 10, 2022
- The Best Yes, Chef Tweets We’ve Come Across - August 9, 2022
- Ezra Miller’s Criminal Escapades Finally Caused a Tweetstorm - August 9, 2022