The Winter Olympics are officially here. Beijing’s 2022 Opening Ceremony kicked off the Games bright and early this morning, February 4. There were dazzling lights, snowflakes representing unity, and Canada showing everyone else up when they strutted in wearing inflatable scarves.
Twitter is already abuzz, so we rounded up the best 2022 Beijing Olympics tweets so far. And yes, animated marmots participating in curling did make the cut.
No further explanation will be given.
The Funniest Beijing Olympics Tweets
1. Our record is 12, but we’re colorblind, so that could help explain it.
2. Meanwhile, Canada is ready for an impromptu snowball fight at a moment’s notice. On your left!
3. (From The Vault.)
Red (Canada’s Version)
— CBC Olympics (@CBCOlympics) February 4, 2022
3. No shade to Canada. Okay, a little shade.
4. It’s a lot of colors to incorporate into one outfit, but we’ll try our best.
5. Finally, an Olympic event we can participate in. We knew winning ‘most falls’ on our family ski trip would come in handy some day.
Snail snowboard race.. 🐌
I would watch this Olympic sport.. 😅 pic.twitter.com/yLgyd21vac
— Buitengebieden (@buitengebieden_) February 3, 2022
6. Are we also going to take a nap at 2pm today? You betcha.
7. A future Air Bud in the making.
— Stephanie (@StephAZ82) February 4, 2022
8. Our eye doctor might have been right about those glasses, because we can’t spot the difference.
9. Someone got media training. (Not us!)
10. Wait a second… are they sharing time with the Furries Olympics?
Winter Olympics preview.. pic.twitter.com/GUAVjVeory
— Buitengebieden (@buitengebieden_) January 28, 2022
11. Our goal is to become the cake emoji. We’ve already covered ourselves in frosting, so we’re halfway there.
12. They real feat is holding it until Valentine’s Day.
13. Ready for his close-up. And his third consecutive gold medal. NBD.
yuzuru hanyu arriving in beijing 2 hours before the olympic opening ceremony: pic.twitter.com/8cvf04UQF2
— betin(4)a ☁️ (@nosecrinkleyuzu) February 2, 2022
14. The party don’t start ’til he walks in. Er, skates. Hurry it up, Hanyu, the charcuterie is getting warm.
15. 9/10. Work on that right paw placement.
Training for the next Olympics 😼pic.twitter.com/bfUxX88UdC
— Crossroads: Dogs & Cats Vids 🐾🎥 (@crossroadsvh) January 27, 2022
16. No days off.
*commentators curious about how the olympic champ gets ready backstage*
the olympic champ yuzuru hanyu:pic.twitter.com/lWPBN1uXll
— richu 🐝💛 (@yeolhaecasyuzu) February 1, 2022
17. Or just for comic relief.
18. Time is an illusion these days. And we’re having flashbacks to Tokyo already.
19. Curling: the unofficial sport of woodland creatures everywhere.
Just like us, these ducks are in the mood for some curling 🥌🦆
📹: Grace Morrispic.twitter.com/YL3FHcCt82
— Olympics (@Olympics) February 3, 2022
20. And that’s the highlight of our Olympic season. See you in four years.
- Become The Scream Queen With These Funny Halloween Memes - September 30, 2022
- The Best National Coffee Day Deals, From Dunkin’, Dutch Bros, and More - September 29, 2022
- Butter Boards Are The New Charcuterie, And Here’s How to Make One - September 23, 2022