Wednesday was a happy day for a majority of Americans (and even non-Americans). And, as if, the Internet wanted to do its small part in making the world a happier place, even temporarily, we were also graced with some pretty great Inauguration Day tweets. But, what really took the cake were these Bernie sitting memes.
(And, of course, Bernie, being Bernie, turned the meme into a sweatshirt with all proceeds benefiting the Meals on Wheels charity. You can get here.)
All inspired by Bernie’s outfit and this Vulture tweet:
Bernie Sanders never seems to disappoint, and Inauguration Day was no different. First of all, Bernie showed up dressed not only with practicality but also memes in mind since he had on his meme coat and those recyclable mittens.
He rolled up looking like he was just running errands and was there, but not overly enthused about it. Basically how we look at any family function.
And, if you’re not satisfied yet, this amazing individual created a way for you to place Bernie literally anywhere you can imagine via Google Maps street view.
— nick (@nick_sawhney) January 21, 2021
30 Bernie Sitting Memes
1. Coming next season on Hot Ones.
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) January 20, 2021
2. This is fine.
3. Put our Bernie down.
4. We will not be distracted by shiny things.
5. Wayne’s World! Wayne’s World! Party time! Excellent!
— Twite Sheets (@TwiteSheets) January 21, 2021
6. Bernie is a busy man.
— Saint Hoax (@SaintHoax) January 21, 2021
7. Does anyone have a link for this dress?
8. Who wore it best?
9. Don’t freak out. Be like Bernie.
9. Is Bernie secretly a bird?
10. Where in the world is Bernie?
— Colleen (@ColleenSmile12) January 21, 2021
11. It was Bernie all along.
god damn it, it was Bernie pic.twitter.com/zx2mLbnUoI
— mynameispiaivy ◟̽◞̽🇵🇭 (@piyatot09) January 20, 2021
12. To find out Bernie is a Virgo was not shocking at all.
13. We’re not happy about it, but we’re here.
14. Yea, there’s a lot of layers to get through.
15. Post-Inauguration party is at Disney. See you there.
16. Another one?
“This could’ve been an email” pic.twitter.com/kn68z6eDhY
— Ashley K. (@AshleyKSmalls) January 20, 2021
17. It never turns out quite as we envision it.
18. Has anyone seen Judas?
19. Have a heart.
if you’re cold, he’s cold. bring him inside 😔 pic.twitter.com/jBt7ujlVXx
— stella (@stellaboonshoft) January 20, 2021
20. Or bend the knee.
Bernie Sanders, first of his name, Wearer of Mittens, Sitter of Chairs pic.twitter.com/1j6p8mrdlr
— Matthew Mucha (@mattymooch) January 20, 2021
21. How did the camerapeople not catch this moment?
22. Bernie is the most stable thing in our life so this makes sense.
24. We’ve checked our account 16 times today.
25. The cleverness of the raptor is no match for the bern.
26. Join the cause.
I am once again asking you to join the Avengers Initiative pic.twitter.com/zhXnhBMehV
— Ashley K. (@AshleyKSmalls) January 21, 2021
27. We ordered our mittens 5 minutes ago. Where are they?
28. Forever our May Queen.
— kiki nisa (@nisadang) January 20, 2021
29. It’s a whole mood.
I’m gonna be on instagram again aren’t I https://t.co/LN90EWHns2
— paul (@dearapriII) January 20, 2021
30. Let’s not and say we did.
i need this picture to become the new "i would prefer not to" stand in pic.twitter.com/IsUATStFz8
— rachel syme (@rachsyme) January 20, 2021
- Oat Milk Lovers, It Seems Starbucks Has Finally Received Our Memo - March 1, 2021
- You Know You’re a Millennial If You Need This Blockbuster Eyeshadow Palette - February 26, 2021
- How to Order the Starbucks Shamrock Tea from TikTok - February 25, 2021