If it’s sunny where you live, you need sunglasses. Groundbreaking fashion advice, right?
Not only do sunglasses protect your eyes, but they also set off your whole look. Are you feeling classy? Retro? Robofuturistic?
The best sunglasses for summer 2019 will have you wanting to wear your shades all day — and maybe all night — long (or however long your hangover lasts).
The 10 Best Sunglasses for Summer 2019
1. Oakley Radar EV Path Sunglasses, $193 at Macy’s
These retro shades from Oakley have total stole-these-from-my-high-school-ex vibes. Wear them while surfing, skiing, or day drinking — our three favorite sports! — to achieve that perfect “raccoon eyes” tan line.
2. MOLL Glasses, $129 at Vint and York
We’re not saying we’re size queens, but these sunglasses are comically large and we are 👏 here 👏 for 👏 it.
3. Odyssey Shield Sunglasses, $9.99 at Urban Outfitters
These are all “Lizzie McGuire meets Ariana Grande,” which is a look we didn’t know we needed until just now. Pair these with a tiny purse, skinny scarf, and plane tickets to Rome to find out what dreams are made of.
4. Cindy Crystal Slim Sunglasses, $30 at TopShop
If Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother created a pair of sunglasses to go with those glass slippers, these would be it — clear, glossy blue, with a hint of “birds made my bed this morning.”
5. Reese Slim Rectangle Sunglasses, $12 at UrbanOutfitters
Rock these colorful shades and your friend will be seeing green. Get it? Because they’re jealous, but also because these shades are green. Unless we’re color blind.
6. Quay Hindsight with Gold Bar Sunglasses, $60 at Shopbop
Channel your inner Karl Lagerfeld with these squared-off, gold-trimmed sunglasses that scream, “GUESS WHICH DAFT PUNK SONG IS MY FAVORITE?!”
7. Retro Style Sunglasses, $19.99 at Mango
If you’re time-traveling back to the ’70s to meet with the biggest newspaper editor in town about a hot scoop, pack these in your bag. They’re the perfect pair to whip off your face dramatically and say, “I’ll get the story, Boss.”
8. Ray Ban Small Original 55mm Aviator Sunglasses, $153 at Nordstrom
These Top Gun-inspired staples are the Goose to your Maverick, if Goose was a pair of sunglasses and Maverick was your nose.
9. Metal Hexagonal Sunglasses, $22 at TopShop
Subtly flex that you passed geometry on the first try.
10. Barton Perreira Cat Eye Sunglasses, $195 at Amour Vert
You think you’re a dog person, but these sunglasses might change your mind.
Latest posts by Kate Villa (see all)
- 10 Hot Sunglasses to Wear This Summer (Not All At Once) - July 4, 2019
- 9 Cute Exotic Animals That Make Awful Pets - June 11, 2019
- Feel Even Hotter with the 17 Best Swimsuits of 2019 - April 18, 2019