The Cannes Film Festival is in full swing, and if you didn’t know that, that may have changed if you dropped onto Twitter today to discover that Bill Murray was trending.
Murray is at the festival — along with Tilda Swinton, Wes Anderson, and Timothee Chalamet — to promote the upcoming Anderson film The French Dispatch. Presumably in which he only wears one watch at a time.
While they were there, a photographer snapped this album cover/group photo of the foursome that’s now going viral thanks to this tweet from musician and Wheaton professor Will Mason.
What’s not to love? Swinton’s stunning sky blue suit, Murray’s decision to wear not one but two watches and a $2000 shirt from Dan Flashes, and Anderson looking like he’s still getting instructions from offscreen? Here’s some of the best Twitter reactions so far.
Tweets About Bill Murray at Cannes
1. How long is this game?
2. Man person camera TV.
3. Do Timothee next.
4. Excuse you, his name is Paisley.
5. So glad we’re doing this in-person again.
6. “The French Dispatch Preserved” is the Director’s Cut.
I would like this picture of Bill Murray wearing this outfit and two watches to the premiere of The French Dispatch preserved and put up at The Louvre next to the Mona Lisa. The balance of his outfit in contrast to Tilda Swinton’s sharp suit is HIGH ART. pic.twitter.com/90WudoGQPl
— laney (@dailylaney) July 15, 2021
7. To look at.
8. Never stop.
Bill Murray, king of literally just vibing pic.twitter.com/CghAeMOhmu
— NetflixFilm (@NetflixFilm) July 15, 2021
9. Swinton is chaos theory, but sure.
New reCAPTCHA dropped:
Pick all the squares with Bill Murray in it. pic.twitter.com/izL6wKu944
— m3mo #GetVaxxed (@m3mo) July 14, 2021
11. Harsh, but true.
every single academic is slightly less tilda swinton and slightly more bill murray than we are willing to admit
— Dr Zoë Jay (@zoecharlottejay) July 15, 2021
12. Let’s take bets to see if he’s showing up sober.
13. Humblebrag, much?
14. Oh no, you woke up the astrology people.
Bill Murray sun, Wes Anderson moon, Tilda Swinton rising pic.twitter.com/BvnD7Ugcc4
— Alfonso Manalastas (@not_alfonso) July 15, 2021
15. We’re whichever one comes with elbow patches.
16. Someone go resurrect Gawker.
17. What goes on four feet in the morning, two feet at noon, and three feet in the evening? (Answer: Bill Murray)
18. Worth it.
19. There’s always money in the banana stand.
Due to the recent interest in #DanFlashes (thanks to Bill Murray), we've temporarily doubled our prices on all shirts at our flagship store (at The Shops At The Creek). #VeryAggressive #VeryGreedy pic.twitter.com/zPFikZtxiD
— Dan Flashes® (@DanFlashes) July 15, 2021
20. Always the duck. Never the Bill Murray.
potentially more accurate depiction of the four different ways academics dress at conferences:
— Dr. Ruth Carlitz (@ruthcarlitz) July 15, 2021
21. Close, you’re just just missing one watch.
- Mila Kunis and Vitalik Buterin Star in the First NFT TV Show - July 26, 2021
- The Apple Crisp Macchiato (Might Be) Starbucks’ New Fall Drink - July 21, 2021
- Duck Nails Aren’t the Worst Nail Trend But They’re Close - July 20, 2021