There’s something magical about a New York bodega. It’s a magical haven that has everything you could need from a salami sandwich and overpriced milk to pillar candles. What can we say, our diet is weird. Our food choices notwithstanding, it’s safe to say the best bodgeas have cats.
And, while technically illegal, many bodegas choose to have these ferocious little fluff balls in the store to do mice control.
The feline fine for a first offense is around $300, which is also the same fine for rodent feces. Real tough choice between those two things. And, thanks to Twitter’s @BodegaCats_, (they’re also on IG at @bodegacatsofinstagram) there’s no shortage of funny pictures of cats doing what they do best… mostly sleeping. Check out their social feeds for more adorable cat pics.
25 Bodega Cats You’ll Want to Befriend Immediately.
1. Do have time to talk about your cars extended warranty?
2. He’s made his choice, and he’s sticking with it.
3. Enough apples already! Go see your doctor!
4. You already spent enough on chips this week. Try cooking a real meal for once.
5. White Claw? More like Cat Claw. (Rebranding coming soon.)
6. Wait, this isn’t where the beginner yoga class is?
7. We were wondering why our deli meat cost more than usual.
8. Hey buddy, you might be warmer if you just…nope? Ok, nevermind.
9. Don’t your dare tell him it’s April.
10. I am…Modelo Man!
11. She’s still upset that she lost the fire log modeling gig to Fido.
12. He will swat your face if he sees your nose.
13. If you want the tuna, you have to go through me.
14. Guess they’re only taking cash and cat treats today.
15. Of course he knows the winning numbers, but he’ll never tell you.
16. Hey you, my eyes are up here!
17. We’re all a little nuts here.
18. There’s a 90% chance of popped bags today.
19. Doesn’t anybody knock anymore?!
20. The thief who stole my treats was about…this tall!
21. When the sun hits the shelf and your content with yourself…you take a snooze!
22. Pick whatever snack you want. Just know that you will be judged. Heavily.
23. Somebody missed curfew again.
24. Pet the belly at your own risk.
25. All in a day’s work.