While the release of Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi epic Dune is still three months away, some audiences got a sneak peek this week during a special IMAX event. Audiences saw the first 10 minutes of the film, 15 minutes of extra footage, and Dune’s new trailer, which dropped Thursday.
Dune is based on the 1965 science-fiction novel by Frank Herbert. Picture Moby Dick but with giant worms instead of whales. And sand instead of water. Maybe Moby Dick was a bad example.
The original David Lynch directed Dune came out in 1984 and was a huge flop at the box office. We chalk it up to an unfortunate lack of Oscar Isaac and his beard. But, based on the new Dune trailer and cast, Twitter is optimistic for the revival.
At the very least, we get to watch Zendaya for a few hours, so we’re sold.
25 Best Tweets About the Dune Trailer
1. Sorry, Timothee. We’re here for Pops.
2. Is it too soon to ask for a revival of Chuck?
3. It gets all in your toes.
4. This might be our favorite version yet.
5. Do. Not. Take. The. Bait.
6. High praise coming from the Oscar Expert.
7. Do The Spice Girls feature on the soundtrack?
dune (2021) pic.twitter.com/I6sp7cvi8Y
— hayrr x 🇵🇸 (@hayrr) July 23, 2021
8. We might be team worms.
9. That’s it. That’s the tweet.
Currently watching the Dune Trailer 400 times.
— Duke Quinn Atreides (@IDEASOFICE_FIRE) July 22, 2021
11. Zendaya, you’ve changed.
12. Okay but now we wanna see it.
13. Your day will come.
14. You’ve lost us.
15. Challenge accepted.
16. As long as they’re being true to the source material.
17. We dune.
18. Let it be written into the history books.
19. And we oop –
20. Keep it simple.
21. Oscar Isaac, restoring our faith in the film industry.
22. Who invited Adam Driver?
Loved the Dune trailer! pic.twitter.com/yBpLVXVHGu
— Prime Video (@PrimeVideo) September 9, 2020
23. Sci-fi begins and ends with Space Jam.
24. We volunteer as tribute.
25. Isn’t that kinda the point?
The new Dune looks UTTERLY JOYLESS
— Jesse Hawken (@jessehawken) July 19, 2021
Leave a Comment