Dune is coming back to the big screen (and HBO Max) on October 22, 2021. Today, the studio released the eight character posters and on Friday, July 23, you’ll get the next Dune trailer as a treat.
In the images, Zendaya’s blue eyes pop, Timothée Chalamet smolders, and Stellan Skarsgård is trying to remember where he put his toupee.
Who Stars in the Dune Remake?
- Zendaya — Chani Kynes
- Timothée Chalamet — Paul Atreides
- Josh Brolin — Gurney Halleck
- Javier Barden — Stilgar
- Rebecca Ferguson — Lady Jessica
- Jason Momoa — Duncan Idaho
- Stellan Skarsgård — Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
- Oscar Isaac — Duke Leto
The Best Twitter Reactions to Dune (So Far)
2. Looks like Raul Julia might some competition.
Oscar Isaac’s 2021 character posters. The range 🙂 pic.twitter.com/IgPHTSsCPo
— Carlos Aguilar (@Carlos_Film) July 19, 2021
3. Yes, yes she is.
zendaya is coming to serve as chani kynes in dune pic.twitter.com/VgPgmxJRQu
— imaan (@dayapeters) July 19, 2021
4. Are you suggesting we actually watch the original? Oh, ok.
Dune reimagined for modern audiences pic.twitter.com/2VqxUsuxJw
— dune opinions account (@fellawhomstdve) July 19, 2021
5. Maybe a Shiba Inu?
watched old dune and now i’m sad they (probably) didn’t give timothée chalamet a pug in new dune
— kabriya coghlan (@kabriya) July 16, 2021
6. So that’s a yes?
Oscar Isaac glaring at me when I ask him if he spray painted his craft supply store foam core armor himself pic.twitter.com/oBoCyqjzGF
— Samara (@samarmaIade) July 19, 2021
7. Well that didn’t take long.
8. Good morning to Oscar Isaac’s beard and Oscar Isaac’s beard only.
okay i get it zendaya’s serving in the dune poster but…. have you seen oscar isaac????? WHERE ARE MY CO-DILF LOVERS AT HELLOOOOOO pic.twitter.com/OkdBLINlxp
— divine (@filmsbyanya) July 19, 2021
9. That’s one way to get the neighbors to stop playing music so late.
Hans Zimmer making dune soundtracks pic.twitter.com/Yqhs6vjDoj
— Berna 𐂂 (@padmeows) July 19, 2021
10. To the Wikipedia!
if you guys think the DUNE names are weird, just wait until you find out the plot
— 🐛 Emma Stefansky 🐛 (@stefabsky) July 19, 2021
11. Poe would have been proud.
12. Someone had to sit through a Zoom meeting about this.
13. We’re helping!
DUNE character posters: pic.twitter.com/zymp28FghT
— Kayleigh (Going WOODLEY MODE) (@ronchronchronch) July 19, 2021
14. Funny how that works.
15. Yeah, side character.
I don't remember "The Waiter" in Dune, is he a major character? pic.twitter.com/t71QzwQx1a
— Eric Allen Hatch (@ericallenhatch) July 19, 2021
16. Agree or nah?
"Dune doesn't look fun" — GOOD. Dune isn't fun. It's long, you're unsure why you're reading it, you're checking words from a literal dictionary of fucking gibberish its insane author put at the back. Dune is for grown-ups who've given up pleasure.
— Nick Newman (@Nick_Newman) July 19, 2021
The New Dune Posters
1. Zendaya (Chani Kynes)
2. Stellan Skarsgård (Baron Vladimir Harkonnen)
3. Javier Bardem (Stilgar)
4. Josh Brolin (Gurney Halleck)
5. Jason Momoa (Duncan Idaho)
6.Oscar Isaac (Duke Leto)
7. Timothée Chalamet (Paul Atreides)
8. Rebecca Ferguson (Lady Jessica)
- Mila Kunis and Vitalik Buterin Star in the First NFT TV Show - July 26, 2021
- The Apple Crisp Macchiato (Might Be) Starbucks’ New Fall Drink - July 21, 2021
- Duck Nails Aren’t the Worst Nail Trend But They’re Close - July 20, 2021