Thanksgiving is already a weird holiday. There’s a parade with huge cartoon balloons, canned cranberry sauce, and the Westminster dog show. And then there’s the whole Turkey trot thing some families do.
Thanksgiving brings out the *weird* in all of us, and Zippia has the receipts to prove it in their map of the most embarrassing things people in your state are searching for around Thanksgiving.
What Are People Searching For Around the Country?
In Tennessee, the most popular search is “Can you cook a turkey in your microwave?” where in North Carolina, many people are trying to make the best of it. Their most common search topic is “broken oven.” Don’t mind us, we’re just checking Postmates to see if any takeout places are open.
People are struggling in Maine, Indiana, and Michigan with questions like “How to treat food poisoning?” and “Clogged toilet.” Maybe they ate some of that microwaved turkey from Tennessee?
Our favorites were the odd ones, the ones that make no sense. Like, Why are so many New Yorkers typing “Leather” in Google? Who knows, but it’s probably for the same reason that some people make turduckens.
At least their day is probably more fun than the people in Idaho who are busy Googling “divorce,” the folks in Massachusetts searching for How to Win an Argument,” or the people in South Dakota looking up “Betrayal.” Though, to be fair, that could be over a stolen recipe.
Rhode Islanders asked Google to recommend open liquor stores. We don’t know how many of those people were angry with argumentative family members from Boston, food-drunk from eating too much turkey, or something in between. But we think that alcohol is just as important as the gravy.
No matter what you’re looking up this Thanksgiving — whether you’re in North Dakota and have given up on the turkey and are just heading to Taco Bell or you’re worried about racist grandma calling in via Zoom from out of state — we wish you a safe and happy holiday.
What Your State Is Googling On Thanksgiving:
- Alabama: Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese
- Alaska: Divorce Lawyer
- Arizona: Is Little Caesars Open Today
- Arkansas: Sweet Potato Casserole with Canned Yams
- California: Racist Grandma
- Colorado: Butterball Turkey Hotline
- Connecticut: Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- Delaware: Hallmark Christmas Movies
- Florida: Pictures of Happy Thanksgiving
- Georgia: Waffle House Open on Thanksgiving
- Hawaii: Thanksgiving Meme
- Idaho: Divorce
- Illinois: Turkey or Ham
- Indiana: How to Unclog a Toilet Without a Plunger
- Iowa: Die Hard 2
- Kansas: How to Get Rid of a Hangover
- Kentucky: Velveeta Broccoli Casserole
- Louisiana: Racist Family
- Maine: Clogged Toilet
- Maryland: Thanksgiving Eve Meme
- Massachusetts: Bad Thanksgiving
- Michigan: How to Treat Food Poisoning
- Minnesota: Undercooked Turkey
- Mississippi: Mayo Recipes
- Missouri: Thanksgiving Dad Jokes
- Montana: How to Cough
- Nebraska: Funny Knock Knock Jokes
- Nevada: Thanksgiving Alone
- New Hampshire: Applebees Hours
- New Jersey: Can Dogs Eat Cranberry Sauce
- New Mexico: Fast Food Open
- New York: Leather
- North Carolina: Broken Oven
- North Dakota: Taco Bell Near Me
- Ohio: Ohio State Michigan Memes 2019
- Oklahoma: How to Open a Jar
- Oregon: How to Call In Sick
- Pennsylvania: How to Win an Argument
- Rhode Island: Liquor Stores Open on Thanksgiving
- South Carolina: Microwave Turkey Joke
- South Dakota: Betrayal
- Tennessee: Can You Cook a Turkey In the Microwave
- Texas: Can Dogs Eat Stuffing
- Utah: Difference Between Yams and Sweet Potatoes
- Vermont: National Dog Show
- Virginia: Vegan Thanksgiving Meme
- Washington: Smoking Oven
- West Virginia: Golden Corral Thanksgiving Hours
- Wisconsin: What Does It Mean If Your Poop is Green
- Wyoming: Is McDonald’s Open
- Your Ultimate Guide to All the Different Face Piercings - November 4, 2021
- Everything You’ll Want to Know Before Getting a Forward Helix Piercing - October 19, 2021
- Your Deep Dive Into Everything You Want to Know About a Conch Piercing - September 29, 2021