On Inauguration Day, January 20, Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th President. But that’s not all. Kamala Harris made history when she was sworn in as the first female Vice President, Lady Gaga nailed the National Anthem in her best modern Betty Ross outfit by Schiaparelli with some enviable earrings, and Twitter kept the funny tweets and memes coming.
Oh, and Bernie wore his meme coat, (you can get a similar one here). Anyway, let’s get to it. Here’s some of the best tweets and memes we’ve seen so far.
23 Funny Inauguration Tweets
1. Collective sigh of relief before the work begins.
2. Oh, well, I happened to be in the area.
3. Can we get a do-over?
4. LA even had a little celebratory earthquake as a treat.
5. Could be worse.
6. Weird, that.
7. It’s snowing for goodness sakes!
8. How about another Hunger Games instead of a Willy Wonka prequel?
9. But also she might have.
No, J. Lo did not just throw in a quick “LET’S GET LOUD.” LOLOLOLOL.
— Saeed Jones (@theferocity) January 20, 2021
10. Bernie – always on brand.
You think you’re on brand? Bernie’s mittens are handmade in Vermont from recycled water bottles. https://t.co/s7NbpJK2LO
— The Betches Sup (@Betches_Sup) January 20, 2021
11. How thick are those pages?!
12. We’re only reading those recipes if there’s a long story about his aunt first.
that tracks pic.twitter.com/TCdQqT5uHT
— Ben Rosen (@ben_rosen) January 20, 2021
13. You can order your own mittens!
14. Speaking of…
15. They’re out there somewhere, right?
16. Maybe Elon Musk can bring him back.
17. Kinda with him on that.
18. TBH, after the last four years, can you blame him?
19. Can we go home and play our video game yet?
20. Ok, we could spare a few more minutes.
21. Time to go check the maple trees.
22. All of them.
23. Your move, Mr. President. Let’s do this.