So, the 2021 Super Bowl LV was a little… weird. And, we’re not just talking about the Oatly Super Bowl ad for their oat milk. The lack of parties, packed bars, and someone asking us to explain how scoring works all made for a unique game. And, you know, some funny Super Bowl tweets and memes…
Sure most were about The Weekend’s entrance at during the Pepsi Halftime Show. And, some about Reddit‘s 5-second ad that basically trolled Robinhood’s. Oh, Oatly’s “Wow No Cow” commercial.
A little background on that one: The Oatly ad originally ran in Sweden back in 2014, but got promptly banned by the Swedish dairy lobby. In fact, it’s not allowed to be shown on Swedish TV. Coincidentally, neither are we.
But, there were some cool things about Super Bowl LV that didn’t just make us nostalgic for Left Shark. There was Amanda Gorman‘s Super Bowl appearance, Sarah Thomas breaking the glass ceiling as the first female to ref the game, and the fact that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won. Er, spoiler alert?
21 Funny Super Bowl Tweets
1. One point for Oatly?
2. Mentally, we’re all here, Bette.
3. Next you’re going to tell us Lilith Fair is returning.
4. Thank goodness for Zoom.
marketing department tomorrow when the CEO walks in pic.twitter.com/yHjNuTzEqr
Rose (@RoseHarding) February
5. Excuse us while we hit the snack table again.
6. Hello? Guys, I know you’re in there! Let us in! It’s cold! Like, below 60!
7. I mean, where will it end?
8. Oh good, something worked.
9. Do Joe-Joes count as appetizers? No? Well, more for us, then.
10. Let’s just stop this before it goes too far, ok, Oatly?
Me to Oatly CEO
suits suck (@johnathebar) February
12. You done yet?
13. Dana saw the future and the past.
14. Sorry, Matt, it actually *is* true. We’ve seen the footage.
15. At least there’s heart-shaped pizza next weekend.
16. Life was good.
blockbuster and mom says you have 10 minutes to pick out a tape pic.twitter.com/xOtCZDLHmV
Emily Murnane (@emily_murnane) February
17. Hi, yeah, can you give your mom the phone back?
18. Who’s gonna tell them? Not it.
halftime show but every song is about coke 😭
19. Oh, we’re sure that it’ll go over well for Robinhood…
20. Especially after people see the Reddit one.
Super Bowl commercial pic.twitter.com/naKPBhFTh2
Nicole Lee (@nicole) February
21. Mmm. Delicious.
- White Claw Launches Hard Lemonade Just In Time for Summer - June 2, 2022
- 17 Funny Pride Memes to Kick Off the Month - June 1, 2022
- Boozy Pickles Are the Next Hot TikTok Trend and We’re On Board - May 30, 2022