Groundhog Day is certainly one of the weirder holidays on the calendar. A bunch of people come together to yank Punxsutawney Phil, a poor, unsuspecting groundhog out of the…well, ground, and make a weather prediction based on its shadow, or lack thereof. The only thing funnier about this premise is the Groundhog Day memes that we get from it.
This odd holiday (and iconic movie starring Bill Murray) is celebrated every year on February 2nd. And honestly, we just like to use it as a celebration that we made it through January. A feat that deserves an entire day off from work. Or maybe just the whole month. It’s a short one, anyway. How much would that really affect things?
While we ponder the need to actually show up to our job, we’ll peruse these funny memes and tweets about Groundhog Day, this curious little rodent, and of course, Bill Murray. And of course, Bill Murray. And of course, Bill Murray.
…well this isn’t good.
The Funniest Groundhog Day Memes and Tweets Mostly Not Starring Bill Murray
1. Please. Help us. We haven’t been able to feel our fingers since November.
2. Follow us for more life hacks.
3. That is a convincing argument…
4. Oh yeah! Ours is named Bulbasaurus Bob.
5. If you want to be convincing, apparently you just need to be cute and furry. Wait…no, that tracks.
6. How do we get this work schedule?
7. Someone hire this marketing genius ASAP.
8. Annnnd we’ll be staying inside this year.
9. We knew it!
10. And here people thought North West was creative.
11. That’s it. That’s the tweet.
12. Okay, but it still makes sense.
13. Mulan? Is that you?
14. And that’s what you get when you go to DeVry!
15. Well, 2023 is a special year. And 2024 might be, too. Stay tuned to find out!
16. Stars vs. groundhogs…tough call.
17. We actually relate more to the groundhog, but sure.
Leave a Comment