If you’ve been searching for the perfect gifts for your friends this holiday season, look no further than Harry Styles’ new beauty brand, Pleasing. Actually, forget about your friends – you’ll want to scoop up these nail polishes and skin products all for yourself. They have a birthday coming up later, anyway.
Here’s everything we know about Styles’ latest venture into the beauty world with his gender-neutral brand.
What Is Pleasing from Harry Styles?
Um, everything. But, also, Pleasing is the beauty and life brand created by singer and former One Direction member Harry Styles. It launched November 2021 with a handful of items, including nail polish, face serum, and “The Pleasing Pen,” which is actually supposed to be used to refresh your eyes and lips. Not…somewhere else.
But this isn’t your normal beauty brand. Sticking to Styles’ personal, er, style, this brand is all about breaking down barriers. “Our mission is to bring joyful experience and products that excite the senses and blow the boundaries,” he says in the brands first TikTok. “We’re pleasing, never perfect.” Kind of like us when we spell any word over two syllables!
What Pleasing Products Are There?
In a world that can be overwhelming with too many choices, Styles is clearly looking out for our mental health by launching Pleasing with just five options: three for your nails, and two for your face.
- The Perfect Polish Set ($65) contains four different polishes: Perfect Pearl, Pearly Tops, Inky Pearl, and Granny’s Pink Pearl. It sounds like we can make a full necklace and earring set out of these, so we’re sold!
- The Perfect Pearl Polish ($20) is “a pearlized white with a glossy finish.” Make it a darker white with each coat. If only that worked for toothpaste.
- The Pearly Tops ($20) is “clear with a subtle iridescence and a matte finish.” Think of it like the cover-up that Cher threw on over her white Calvin Klein dress in Clueless. Stylish, barely effective, yet oh so memorable.
- The Pleasing Pen ($30) is for your face, and not the bedroom, unless you’re really tired when you do your skincare routine. Each end has a potent serum – one for your eyes and one for your lips – delivered on cooling steel rollers.
- The Pearlescent Illuminating Serum ($35) is a moisturizing formula for all skin types. Stay tuned to learn how it makes your skin glow link a vampire.
What Else Should I Know?
If we know anything about Harry Styles, it’s that there’s definitely more to come. And hopefully it involves him in a dress on a motorcycle. But until that fantasy comes to life, it’s worth mentioning the focus on sustainability that’s apparent throughout the brand. And that this shot of him in lavender pants on a motorcycle will have to do.
“Though we prioritize people and the planet, we know we can always do better and strive to do so everyday,” Styles says. Each product has a section on “Sustainability Details,” and are all vegan and cruelty-free.
The polishes are made with a biodegradable formula, and are made with sustainable, plant-based solvents. And the face products are gluten-free, much to the delight of half of Los Angeles.
The only other thing to know is that we thought Styles had a great voice before, but it wasn’t until we listened to him say “Find your pleasing” on repeat that we truly understood the magic of music. Or whatever that tingly feeling is.