Move over Meghan Markle, because Queer Eye’s Jonathan Van Ness is the definition of royalty.
If you’re good at the Internet, then you know all about the grooming expert’s Emmy-nominated Funny or Die web series Gay of Thrones, in which he recaps that week’s episode of the popular HBO show. If not, make this Game of Thrones Ice Cream and get watching! There. Is. No. Time. To. Waste!
Not a GoT fan? Please leave your email in the comments because we have so many questions. Then perhaps you’ve listened to his Getting Curious, his podcast in which he interviews university professors, political influencers, Olympians, his Queer Eye costars, and more.
He’s also a hairstylist, yogi, and can rock a darn fine mustache. All this talent! In one perfect human being! Can you believe?
Where did this gem of a human being come from? None other than Quincy, Illinois, natch. His love of hairstyling brought him out to LA, then to NYC, and then to the screens and speakers of the masses.
We love Jonathan not only because he has more bubbly positivity than us after a bottomless mimosa brunch (yaaaaas girl you can totally rock those bangs), but also because he tells it like it is, no matter how fast he’s talking…which is fast. We’re very confused about when he has time to breathe.
But, wait, there’s more! What’s behind door number 3, Bob?
It’s…17 fabulous Jonathan Van Ness moments brought to your from the depths of the world wide web (also known as social media)! Eat your hearts out, bebes.
Our Favorite Jonathan Van Ness Moments… So Far
- Flaunting 👏 that 👏 hair 👏
- Describing us before coffee. Which is when we wrote this sentence.
- Nailing the art of subtlety.
- Hey Merriam-Webster! Here’s an addition for 2019. Also, can we have our juicer back? THAAAAAANKS!
- Rocking the single life.
- One-upping Antoni.
- Giving us our new life motto.
- Inspiring our own bucket list, which previously had just included collecting buckets. We’ve got 24 so far!
- Taking a stand. You and us both, henny. Drakkar Noir, on the other hand…
What is it about the smell of Abercrombie cologne on a grown man that makes me violently ill?
— Jonathan Van Ness (@jvn) March 16, 2017
- But what if one island is a dumpster fire and the other is paradise? Oh. Right.
- Epitomizing me/also me.
Literally on ig watching videos of bodybuilders on speaker w my gf talking about how bad I want to Postmates a fried pbj sammy
— Jonathan Van Ness (@jvn) November 10, 2017
- Flawlessly swapping “yos” for “yaaaaaas.”
Yos it’s the weekend queens 🌈🕺🏻
— Jonathan Van Ness (@jvn) May 26, 2018
- Embracing humility. It’s so hot right now, boobee.
- Also believing carbs are life.
Omg gigantic papa johns / Pizza Hut / dominos gigantic cookie demon stop haunting me please. You’re no good for me. But I love your fresh baked edges, so gorge, so quick to my door. Nooooooo
— Jonathan Van Ness (@jvn) April 29, 2018
- No really. Everything bagel everything always. Words.
Omg if there was an everything bagel fragrance I would wear her
— Jonathan Van Ness (@jvn) April 17, 2018
- Reminding us to love ourselves at any size or shape. Our geometry teacher would be so proud!
After my step dad passed away I gained 70 pounds in 3 months. I didn’t like how I felt or looked, it’s so important for me to look back and tell that man from 5 years ago he was lovely and gorge. I can celebrate where I am now as long as I send love to the “me’s” along the way #transformationtuesday #selfacceptance #fitness
- Setting #wellroundedgoals
— Jonathan Van Ness (@jvn) January 31, 2018