Another day, another Florida Man in the news. And this time it’s a big one. The FBI raided former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, searching for documents that he took from the White House.
Of course, Twitter is having an absolute meltdown, resulting in some iconic Mar-a-Lago tweets and memes.
Why is this a big deal? Well, if you didn’t block out the years between 2016 and 2020, you’ll remember that Trump used to be the head guy in the White House.
But…he doesn’t work there anymore. So…he probably shouldn’t still have his old work documents. Or at least that’s what our former job told us about the box of 10,000 Post-It notes we were trying to keep.
Republicans and Democrats alike are all losing their collective red and blue minds because if the Feds find something, it could prevent Trump from running for office again.
The media is missing the really, really big reason why the raid today is a potential blockbuster in American politics.👇 pic.twitter.com/3BdI9NA9Az
— Marc E. Elias (@marceelias) August 9, 2022
Before you go to your next dinner party, brush up on the latest happenings in the political world with these funny tweets about the situation.
Because somehow, once again, there is a Schitt’s Creek meme that fits perfectly with this situation. That show really should have won more awards. Oh, it won them all? Cool.
The 25 Funniest Tweets About the FBI Storming Mar-a-Lago
1. Undoubtedly way better than the Four Seasons. It comes with snacks!
2. It’s not Twitter, but it’ll work just as well.
3. Not the $5 toupees!
4. Doesn’t look like anything to me.
5. Stop, we can only get so turned on.
Sure, sex is great, but have you ever experienced rich powerful men being held accountable for their actions?
— The Volatile Mermaid (@OhNoSheTwitnt) August 8, 2022
6. Protect her at all costs.
No one, except Dolly Parton, is above the law.
— Gabe Ortíz (@TUSK81) August 9, 2022
7. Did…did Future just predict the future?
— Will Hall (@willhall96) August 9, 2022
8. Just hear us out…
I'm no Sauron fan, but here's why forming a fellowship to raid Mount Doom and destroy the One Ring is going to enrage his base
— Jokin Rokin Rokin Tolkien 🗡️🏹🪓 (@joshcarlosjosh) August 9, 2022
9. “You want some coffee? Just put on a fresh pot.”
(Barron not even looking up from his Xbox)
“Safe’s in the back.”
— Mike Scollins (@mikescollins) August 8, 2022
10. This is one we would actually watch.
.@FBI do an unboxing video
— Wayne Cousins (@cousinwayne) August 9, 2022
11. Let’s keep this thing going!
12. That’s why they call it a safe! It’s supposed to keep things safe from the mean, mean people out there!
"They even broke into my safe!" pic.twitter.com/Dad6lbVIsv
— Thor Benson (@thor_benson) August 8, 2022
13. And this is why we’ll never do an Instagram Live video again.
14. Not my 500-foot yacht?!
oh no, is my mar-a-lago next https://t.co/5bYxSokJpk
— Kristin Chirico (@lolacoaster) August 9, 2022
15. Ok, now we see some value in memorizing history dates.
16. Thank goodness the mustard got out when it could.
Thoughts and prayers for all the ketchup bottles at Mar-a-Lago.
— Jo 🌻 (@JoJoFromJerz) August 8, 2022
17. Just please don’t touch his Beanie Babies?
18. You’ve got this, buddy.
BREAKING: Trump retains Rudy Giuliani to challenge FBI raid all the way up to the Supreme Courtyard by Marriott
— Zack Bornstein (@ZackBornstein) August 9, 2022
19. Hedwig, run.
Breaking: The FBI has seized Chuck Grassley's carrier pigeon
— Frank Lesser (@sadmonsters) August 10, 2022
20. A raid? In this humidity?
I have to imagine this FBI raid is extremely time-sensitive. I mean, it’s a horrible time of year to go to Florida.
— Ginny Hogan_ (@ginnyhogan_) August 10, 2022
21. Maybe we let him have just this one.
BREAKING: EZRA MILLER HAS BROKEN INTO DONALD TRUMP’S RESIDENCE AT MAR-A-LAGO
— Lolo (@LolOverruled) August 9, 2022
22. The cats are devastated that they lost out on this.
— The Onion (@TheOnion) August 9, 2022
23. What if they make it so people actually want to visit there?
Worried the FBI will trash Mar-a-Lago and accidentally do thousands of dollars worth of improvements
— Mike Drucker (@MikeDrucker) August 9, 2022
24. There are so many layers to unpack in this meme…
Dark Brandon giving the FBI the signal to raid Mar-a-Lago pic.twitter.com/aCPlINwhHP
— Matt Binder (@MattBinder) August 9, 2022
25. And finally, this absolutely spot-on reenactment:
"The FBI is downstairs." pic.twitter.com/8hXyhEwb1f
— David Gura (@davidgura) August 10, 2022