When we looked at the entertainment calendar for Fourth of July weekend, most of our attention was the release of the final two Stranger Things episodes for season four.
But, Twitter is here to remind us that another huge franchise also hit screens this weekend: The Minions. And, there are plenty of Rise of Gru memes in case you missed the memo. (We did.)
Steve Carrell is back as questionable villain Gru and his erratic, yellow, banana-loving henchdudes are too. So, here’s the funniest Minion memes and tweets we could find. No spoilers ahead. We think.
groups of guys wearing suits to go see the rise of gru together is my favorite trend pic.twitter.com/nC7HhEIslK
— irene anna (@enerianna) July 2, 2022
The Best Minions: Rise of Gru Tweets and Memes (So Far)
1. Could be worse. He could go back to being a centaur.
adam driver as a minion pic.twitter.com/ovCKe6YhLk
— Ben Rosen (@ben_rosen) July 3, 2022
2. This does explain at least a few things about the Minions.
me and the boys in the bathroom before the premier of Minions: The rise of Gru pic.twitter.com/nNfRFm5Y1D
— døm (@dom_B784) June 30, 2022
3. That’s just despicable.
4. What, no suit?
me walking in to a 1 pm showing of Minions: Rise of Gru pic.twitter.com/C4y5tqSCJB
— minion respecter (@DaveMcNamee3000) June 21, 2022
5. Of all the names in the world to choose, he went with that one.
6. Paging Dr. Evil.
7. Somehow we’re not surprised.
8. Read the room, Nance.
9. What Luigi said.
— 🦇 cella 🦇 (@cellapaz) July 3, 2022
10. Along with Universal’s, apparently.
Streets turned us despicable but our money still gru pic.twitter.com/YekGa9PV7x
— BL⭐️CK (@rageriders) July 2, 2022
11. Oh, it is entirely too late for that.
12. Have you met tech bros?
- The Funniest Tweets About the FBI Storming Mar-a-Lago - August 10, 2022
- 15 Perfect Gift Ideas for The Sandman Fan - August 6, 2022
- Your Official Guide to Which Member of Sandman’s Endless Would Be Best In Bed - August 5, 2022