A phrase we never thought would be used to describe our DIY nails? Flawless and precise. But, buckle up because the future is about to be here. And yes, there are sandwiches. And yes, robots. Geez.
Typically “from the comfort of your home” is a marketing phrase we’d pay to never see again, but Nimble is the exception to that rule. And, they’re claiming to give the most coveted thing to us budding nail artists – salon-quality nails without leaving the house.
Not surprisingly, their Kickstarter has been up for a week and has raised nearly a million dollars.
How Nimble Works
In just a few steps, Nimble claims you’ll be done and dry in 10 minutes. Twenty if you want your hands to match. Just don’t watch Dune before you try it the first time.
- Pick your desired nail shade.
- Insert the capsules for your nail color as well as the base and top coats.
- Place your hand inside the Nimble.
- Look fabulous.
- Do the other hand.
- Look equally as fabulous.
To be slightly more precise, “Nimble utilizes machine vision, high-resolution micro-cameras, and 3D image processing to scan the size, shape, and curvature of each nail. A tiny robotic arm communicates with complex algorithms to seamlessly paint your nails while a warm airflow system simultaneously dries your nails.”
All we’re saying is – if we look behind the curtains, there better be real tiny robotic arms.
Nimble comes equipped with:
- 3D image processing
- Tiny robotic arms
- Capsules of vegan nail polish
- WiFi and Bluetooth enabled (okay, we were joking … )
- Companion app
- One-year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee
- Three capsule sets, color of your choice
How Much Is the Nimble? And, Where Can I Get It?
The Nimble will retail for $399 and each set of color capsules will be $10. But for the next few weeks, you can get Nimble on Kickstarter for $249 and up. Then just anxiously wait until it ships in October.
Everyone else should be able to start ordering the tiny robot in January 2022. You can pass the time by watching your nails dry the old-fashioned way.
The Early Bird pledge is $249 and includes:
- 1 Nimble Device
- 3× Capsule Sets
- Companion App
- Charging Cable
At press time, there were 6 of these left. After which, the price goes up to $300. A “capsule set” includes a base, a vegan color of your choice, and a topcoat. Each of these sets is good for up to three manicures. Their capsule recycling program lets you can send them back for discounts on future sets.
Nimble hasn’t announced yet what the exact colors will be but based solely on our ability to count, it looks will be over 30 shades to choose from.
- 10 Libra Gift Ideas for the Most Indecisive Person You Know - September 26, 2022
- 13 Starbucks Pumpkin Drinks from the Secret Menu To Order Next - September 23, 2022
- 15 of the Most Powerful Witches on Television - September 19, 2022