So you’re edgy enough to want some ink, but are scared of the pain and commitment of a sleeve. Why not start with a teensy weensy, small wrist tattoo?
Although anything with the phrase “teensy weensy” may not sound like it’ll earn you any cool points, wrist tattoos are actually pretty high up on the ouch scale. Thin skin, delicate nerve endings, and that pesky wrist bone can dial up the pain experience. So, starting with something small is a smart idea.
Smarter than Ben Affleck’s back tattoo, at least.
The French have a saying parfois il faut souffrir pour être belle. This translates to, “sometimes you have to suffer to be beautiful.” So, if you’re feeling particularly French, here are a few small wrist tattoo ideas to get you started.
25 Small Wrist Tattoos
1. Practice your square breathing so you don’t realize someone’s pelting you with a tiny needle full of ink.
2. Tiny matching friendship hearts. Or, perfectly-shaped badonkadonks. Art is all about perspective.
3. It’s giving beach vibes. Hopefully without all the gulls bombing you after those pesky tourists feed them picnic leftovers.
4. Cute design, but we don’t think it’s a totally accurate heartbeat pattern. Based on all our Grey’s Anatomy experience, that is.
5. Existing as a permanent icebreaker, this is a beautiful mash-up of symbols and initials you’ll need to explain at every cocktail party.
6. Finally, you can stop waiting outside in the cold all night to catch a glimpse of a shooting star. Stare at your wrist from the comfort of your comforter.
7. The inexplicable otter x-ray.
8. This Unalome tattoo represents reaching enlightenment. You know, like when you match up your hair washing schedule with your workout schedule.
9. Repurpose your freckles into happiness. Or a flirty wink. Or the whole emoji board, depending on how many you have!
10. Whether it’s your lucky number, your address, or the number of whole pizzas you can eat in one sitting, this is a versatile small wrist tattoo idea.
11. When you want to wear your heart just below your sleeve.
12. Bonus points if your fruit slice tattoo is scratch and sniff.
13. If you didn’t know that this is what a serotonin molecule looks like, you probably have plenty of it.
14. Show the world that a furbaby has approved of you with this ultimate status symbol.
15. Further proof you let your pet walk all over you.
16. The Celts believed apples signified immortality. So a permanent symbol of immortality sounds like a surefire way to live forever. Without any doctors, at that!
17. A little ink to kindle your wanderlust. Say hi to Elon’s space Tesla while you’re up there!
18. Give yourself some permanent sparkle for those days that seem longer than a microwave minute.
19. Ready for your close-up? Of course you are! Tattoo cameras love you.
20. A subtle homage to something you love. In this case, the ocean. Or, a Smurf’s hair.
21. Add a splash of color to your wrist with an angry tomato puppy. A feisty pear kitten would probably work, too.
22. Put a creative zodiac sign where everyone can see it. Or for those who don’t get it, a cat with an anvil.
23. Because you are the pot of gold.
24. When flights get too expensive, at least you’ll always have these paper planes.
25. You’ll never have a bad day with this cheery friend rooting you on. Except for May 23rd. He can’t help you with that one.
- What Does Mid Mean? A TikTok Vocab Explainer - June 20, 2022
- These Small Tattoo Ideas Are Perfect For Ink Newbies - June 9, 2022