Despite all of the time we spend on Twitter instead of doing our jobs — we’re just like Elon Musk! — we don’t report on most of the trending topics. That’s because the Twittersphere gets really fired up about something related to politics or sports or someone having a nice afternoon with their partner for maybe 24 hours and then it goes the way of the dodo.
This whole Speaker of the House situation? Not so much. But, now there are too many funny Speaker of the House memes and tweets not to share them.
Like the rest of you, we thought the GOP voting on a new Speaker of the House to replace Nancy Pelosi would be quick. Well, turns out we were also wrong. Democrats really don’t want Republican conference leader Kevin McCarthy as Speaker, so they’re voting for Hakeem Jeffries instead.
Meanwhile, some Republicans don’t want McCarthy either, so there’s been an increasingly comedic list of alternatives and nonsense moments on the floor. (At one point Donald Trump was added to the ballot. The only person who voted for him was Matt Gaetz.)
Voting started on Tuesday, January 3rd. And, as of press time, Congress is on their 13th ballot to vote for a Speaker. Do they know it’s Friday?
The Funniest Speaker of the House Confirmation Vote Memes and Tweets
1. No, no they did not.
2. Princess Peach, you’re up.
3. Ah, yes, live action Fern Gully. The best.
4. Feels like even the World Cup didn’t go on this long.
5. Yeah, that.
6. It was only a matter of time.
7. Maybe they should consider running ads.
8. We really need to watch The Sopranos at some point.
9. Goes back to comedy 101.
10. Or a duck!
12. Yes. Unless… pickleball?
13. Welcome to Twitter.
14. Not even one.
15. Bring us back popcorn.
16. Think of the clerk!
17. We’ve lost count.
18. “They’re not here for friends.” Go on…
19. :lies on floor in teenager:
20. And, how is that going?
21. Maybe we add it to the list of strange holidays?
22. Please tell us this is not the elections all over again.
23. Too late.
24. These things are getting way too difficult.
— Sulagna (@maitra_sulagna) January 4, 2023
25. At this point, we imagine the GOP is up for trying anything.
- 81 Riddles for Adults (With Answers) - January 25, 2023
- The Funniest Memes In Response to M&Ms Firing the Spokescandies - January 23, 2023
- These Are The Funniest Cat Memes About The Most Chaotic Pet - January 19, 2023