Like many of you, we’re still reeling from the events that happened in Washington D.C. this week. While there have been moments of pure comedy gold (anyone remember Mike Pence’s fly?) within prior political events we’ve covered, what happened at the Capitol was different. We’re ready to laugh at almost everything but there wasn’t anything funny about it.
And then Twitter permanently suspended Trump’s twitter account. And, plenty of people had a snarky tweet or meme in response to Trump’s Twitter ban. Though maybe someone should also console Jeff Tiedrich.
Some people (us included), were frustrated that had taken so long. Others, like his son, were outraged. So, if you too are in need of some comic relief right now, please enjoy.
The Best Tweets and Memes Reacting to Trump’s Twitter Ban
1. Where’d he go?
2. Serenity, now?
3. Myrna knows what’s up.
4. Please say no.
5. You look familiar for some reason. Can’t place it though.
6. I just need it for a second.
Trump trying to get White House staffers to let him use their Twitter accounts pic.twitter.com/fQ0ZPGBvKa
— Tom Zohar (@TomZohar) January 8, 2021
7. Mostly in 280 word bursts.
8. Probably not?
9. We thought he actually understood how Twitter works.
This is day 1 stuff
— jon drake (@DrakeGatsby) January 9, 2021
10. You go and ask your son if you can use his.
11. Maybe try the other door?
Donald Trump trying to login to Twitter pic.twitter.com/fyxM7oT9u3
— Ry🐝 (@NinjaBands) January 8, 2021
12. Totally intentional.
13. Oh no.
14. If they can put Carrie Fisher back in Star Wars, they can do this.
15. Now do his high rises.
— Brendan Milove (@BrendanMilove) January 9, 2021
16. Seems reasonable.
Trump violated Twitter's "42,000 strikes and you're out" policy
— Ish (@Ish) January 8, 2021
18. New official holiday?
19. Better meet up at a Four Seasons to sort this one out.
When you get separated from your family at Disneyland. https://t.co/eHwIWVpa5u
— The Notorious B.E.V. 🌈 (@blade_funner) January 9, 2021
20. Or covfefe?
"WILL YOU TWEET THIS FOR ME" pic.twitter.com/RGcc8etoMy
— my pal andy (@andylevy) January 8, 2021
22. Ooh, that’s harsh.
Trump isn’t even gonna even get to be on Dancing with the Stars at this rate. https://t.co/UP5XLmaJ0y
— Kristina Wong ❄️ (@mskristinawong) January 8, 2021
23. That’s tomorrow’s news.
24. This is the worst/best game of whack-a-mole ever.
It’s 1:17 A.M. The official account of the U.S. Embassy in Zimbabwe tweets “ADAM SCHIFF IS FAKE NEWS” and is immediately banned
— Jason O. Gilbert (@gilbertjasono) January 9, 2021
25. Actually you’re banned you there too. Tom doesn’t want to be your friend.
WHAT’S MY MYSPACE PASSWORD pic.twitter.com/tk0PFwuzYM
— Flic Everett (@fliceverett) January 8, 2021
26. Well, they finally did it, folks.
Twitter after banning Trump 1,449 days into his presidency pic.twitter.com/W5bRvkskcs
— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) January 8, 2021
Twitter HQ reading trumps suspension appeal pic.twitter.com/eBQvVn580E
— TЯACE (@scruched) January 8, 2021
- Cocaine Bear Is Taking Over Twitter, So Here’s the Best Tweets and Memes - December 1, 2022
- The 50 Best Tweets and Memes Commemorating the Alleged End of Twitter - November 17, 2022
- The Funniest “No Woman Has All Five” Tweets Some of Which Are Probably Accurate - November 17, 2022