Entering the third season of you-know-what elicits a pretty bleak feeling. But the good news is that we now have something to do other than cringy Zoom happy hours. And that is Wordle. If you’re as addicted as we are, you’ll love these World memes.
World is a free online word game has become a hit sensation seemingly overnight. If you haven’t heard of it, maybe you’ve seen it’s trademark green and yellow squares infiltrating your Twitter feed. It’s like Scrabble or Words with Friends, but for 2022.
As long as you have a grasp of five-letter words in the English language, it’s easy to pick up and play. And those are real words, so leave the ROTFL for your T9 texts. And 2005.
The only downside is that you can only play Wordle once a day. Sure, a few of people have come up with their own unlimited versions, some even allowing you to do the puzzle with varying letters per word. But where’s the Internet cult mentality in that?
So while you wait for your next hit — er, game — enjoy these Wordle memes and tweets.
The 30 Funniest Wordle Memes and Tweets
1. Not a good sign to start the day.
2. Answer: Yes.
3. Telling my kids this was Wordle.
4. Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Wordle Christ?
5. Alternative thought: You’re VERY good at it.
6. Can we phone a friend?
7. We’re still convinced it was Ted Cruz.
8. It’s a slippery slope, and our shoes have zero traction on them.
9. Sometimes beauty comes out of chaos.
10. And sometimes, chaos just creates more chaos.
11. …and sometimes it just creates something really, really weird.
12. You know things are dire when libraries start to jump the shark.
13. Just call it the dalgona coffee of season one.
Seeing everyone post their Wordle and trying to resist joining in pic.twitter.com/Hh1cezq3o8
— Brett Herskowitz (@bretther) January 7, 2022
14. We would now like to see every potential new partner’s list of muted words, because we have some questions.
15. This is worse than when we had to wait a whole week in between TV episodes. With commercials!
16. Wordle is giving us what the Rorschach test could never.
17. We think that translates to “swamp.” Or “onion.”
19. There are two types of people in this world, and one of them is very wrong. And that’s all we have to say about that.
20. This has officially gone too far.
21. Not all heroes wear capes.
22. Extra hard mode: Activated.
23. If you don’t post your Wordle, did you even do it?
When no one cares about your Wordle scores pic.twitter.com/mefGz5RPpM
— elliott (@elliottgriffn) January 7, 2022
24. College degree? Please. This is the kind of thing to put on a resume.
25. Would this work for getting out of social obligations, too? Asking for…ourselves.
26. Did we take a wrong turn somewhere?
27. We’re fine. Everything is fine.
28. How many letters was this one?
29. Of course Marvel would be involved with this.
30. And finally:
- The Best House of the Dragon Episode 7 Memes, Since You Probably Couldn’t See What Happened - October 2, 2022
- These Are the Funniest Memes and Tweets About Adam Levine’s Cringy DMs - September 22, 2022
- Netflix’s “Do Revenge” Is Literal Perfection, Only Made Better By These Memes and Hilarious Reactions - September 21, 2022