Peppermint Bark Recipe
This classic Peppermint Bark recipe is made by layering dark chocolate with white chocolate flavored with peppermint extract, then topping it with crushed candy canes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 12 oz. dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate
- 20 oz. white chocolate
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract add more to taste
- 5 candy canes
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable or coconut oil as needed
Place 5 candy canes in a bag. Smash them with a rolling pin until they are small chunks.
Line a 9" x 13" baking sheet with parchment paper.
Melt chocolate chips in double boiler or in microwave for 3 minutes at 50% power. Heat until fully melted, stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
Pour melted chocolate onto baking sheet and spread with spatula to create an even layer. Place in fridge.
Melt white chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave for 3 minutes at 50% power. Heat until fully melted, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon oil if chocolate begins to seize.
Stir peppermint extract into melted white chocolate. Add more peppermint extract to taste, ¼ teaspoon at a time.
Pour white chocolate on top of dark chocolate. Use spatula to spread the chocolate and create an even layer.
Top chocolate with crushed candy canes. Place in fridge until set.
Break into pieces with your hands or a sharp knife.
- Store Peppermint Bark in an airtight container in the fridge. If you temper the dark or milk chocolate, store it at room temperature.
- If you have a tile counter, smash the candy canes on top of a protective cutting surface.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 249kcal