Red, White, and Blue Popsicles
These Red White and Blue Popsicles an are all-natural take on Firecracker and Bomb Pops that are flavored with fresh fruit! They're perfect for any hot summer day and a great easy dessert for a 4th of July party.
Servings 12 popsicles
- 2 cups cherries
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream optional
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp. honey
- ½ vanilla bean seeds only
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
Place cherries, honey, sugar, and heavy cream in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour cherry mixture into popsicle molds. Place in freezer and add popsicle sticks. Let freeze for 30 minutes. Adjust sticks if necessary.
Use a spoon to combine Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla bean seeds, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl.
Spoon mixture onto top of frozen red layer. Freeze for 30 minutes or until solid. Begin the blue layer while it freezes.
Place blueberries, sugar, vanilla extract, and water in small saucepan.
Cook over medium heat for five minutes, stirring continually until most of the berries burst. Set aside until cool.
Pour mixture on top of white layer. Freeze until the popsicles are completely solid.
If you want to try a differnet flavors, here are fresh fruits that will work for each layer:
- Red: Strawberries, cherries, raspberries, watermelon, or pitaya (dragon fruit)
- White: Coconut milk, almond milk, heavy cream
- Blue: Blueberries, blackberries, mulberries
- After 30 minutes, adjust the sticks if you see they are not standing straight up.
- For cleaner divisions between the layers, wipe the inside of your popsicle molds clean after you add a layer. Or, pipe in the layer using a bag fitted with a round tip.
- To remove the pops from the mold, run the outside of the mold under warm water just until they begin to loosen when you pull on the stick.
Serving: 1popsicle | Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 66mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.2mg