Shelter may be a necessity, but that doesn’t mean it has to be boring! The real estate listing site Zillow has tons of houses for purchase that give us a glimpse into the world of housing architecture. Most are pretty normal. But, the Instagram account @zillowgonewild has found some of the wildest ones.
These creative homes prove that the ambitions of decorators, designers, and architects know no bounds. And, also that some purse strings have no fasteners, and that, boy, are we glad we aren’t their realtor.
Check out the listings below. Just don’t complain to us when you suddenly lost three hours of your life.
47 of Wildest Homes on Zillow
1. Half Pipe Haven ($729,000)
This house in Leavenworth, Washington has either a great skateboarding space, or a terrible bowling alley.
2. Basement Only Home ($35,000)
This Deer Creek home is a bit of a tripping hazard and there isn’t a ton of natural light. But you get all the chic of a regular home with all of the bunker safety!
3. The Real Life Smurf House ($4,199,000)
This West Bloomfield, Michigan home looks like a Disney castle met an English cottage. And then went on a romp through a Dr. Seuss book.
4. Glitch, Please. ($1,595,000)
Have a computer in the 90s? IYKYK. So does this home in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
5. Jurassic Lawn ($162,000)
Oh, you have guard dogs? That’s cute. Cleveland, Ohio has dinosaurs.
6. Mannequin IV ($434,000)
“I really need a greater assortment of headless mannequins in my house,” said no one ever. Except one particular Zillow seller from Gautier, Mississippi.
7. The Real Gilded Age ($550,000)
Someone in Tulsa, Oklahoma watched Bridgerton a few too many times.
8. The Man Cave ($297,000)
Be careful what you wish for or else you’ll end up with this Zillow listing from Marietta, Pennsylvania.
9. Justice™? Is that you? (price not listed)
Nostalgia is priceless. This is clearly where all of the retired Limited Too products went.
10. Two-level Deck (price not listed)
The contractors are in cahoots with podiatrists, and making a killing off of stubbed toes.
11. A Little Askew (price not listed)
Overslept? The window of this home is here to give you a judgemental head tilt.
12. #KegLife (price not listed)
This home has an ode to “what goes in, must come out.” The circle of life is so beautiful.
13. Grandma’s Purse ($125,000)
When you really love strawberry Creme Savers.
14. Who Needs Windows With A Paintbrush and Imagination? ($1,800,000)
“I can’t decide if I want to live in a Lowes or a Rainforest Cafe…”
“Say no more.”
15. Infinity Windows ($399,900)
No need to choose between your love of natural light and individual window molding when you can have both in this Wasilla, Alaska home.
16. Your Own Personal Saloon ($229,000)
We hear you have to be wearing a cowboy hat to even walk into this property.
17. For Inquiries, Phone Home ($225,000)
It’s important to have a pop of color…however you get it.
18. Futurama Home (price not listed)
It may be weird on the outside, but at least it’s even weirder on the inside.
19. Dome Power ($295,000)
It’s really hard to get your kid to go stand in a corner.
20. A Mushroom Lover’s Dream ($5,500 month/rent)
Did we see this Zillow listing in Star Wars: A Holiday Special?
21. Oh, Shiny! ($188,800)
Who needs a kitchen when you can cook an egg on your paneling? This desert home is perfect for brunch parties.
22. We’re Not Still In Kansas Anymore Oh Wait No We Are ($3,000,000)
Sometimes you just want to live in that one corner building in every suburban watercolor painting. In this case, that painting is in Wichita.
23. The Pyramids of…Arizona ($130,000)
Would you prefer a queen or a king-sized sarcophagus?
24. If SpongeBob Hit The Lottery ($7,400/night, or buy for $7,500,000)
This Zillow listing in Jalisco, Mexico is the closest we’ll realistically get to living in a pineapple under the sea.
25. The Bunker ($600,000)
“Honey, I swear, Google Maps told me this was the address!”
26. Right Angles Only ($799,900)
When you not only live for Jenga, but in Jenga. And in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
27. One Big Hallway ($269,900)
It’s like a studio apartment, but more expensive.
28. Throwback Thursday ($849,000)
For those trying to learn Greek or pretend they live in a bank.
29. Beautiful View Of The Water ($13,000,000)
The one place Door Dash doesn’t deliver.
30. Choo-Choo ($245,000)
For those who considered an RV, but decided that was too mainstream.
31. Your Highness ($752,988)
We can still remember stepping on the Legos from this castle set.
32. Igloo Inspired ($850,000)
For igloo enthusiasts who don’t really care for the winter.
33. You’ve Got Mail ($180,000)
You can finally one-up your neighbor who’s always bragging about how cool their mailbox is.
34. Cast Away Couture ($165,000)
An alternate reality in which Tom Hanks watched a lot of HGTV before getting stranded.
35. Roof, Much? ($49,500,000)
For those keen on paying just shy of $50 million dollars for a California home that looks like a plate of blue corn nachos.
36. Rugs Galore ($2,998,000)
Perfect for those who just can’t get enough vacuuming.
37. Snout House ($360,000)
This Fort Wayne, Indiana home looks like an anteater on the outside, but not the inside. We’d assume. We don’t spend a lot of time inside anteaters.
38. Dark Dome ($449,000)
Luke, I am your doorway.
39. Roof Lawn ($640,000)
It’s nice, until you have to park your car on the house.
40. Fleur de Mal ($399,900)
Outside, it’s just a little year-round Christmas. Inside, a very interesting approach to a faucet.
41. Simple Is One Way to Put It ($250,000)
A great place to live…if you’re a car or a root vegetable.
42. Land Ho! ($750,000)
We imagine the owner is just really bad at driving a boat, but clever enough to pretend it was on purpose.
43. Swole-ar Panels ($2,999,900)
Love the gym? Live in a dumbbell!
44. Fore! ($185,000)
WARNING: Giants may try to play mini golf with your house.
45. Peak Perfection ($169,900)
Cute, but we wish the attic could store more than one inverted ice cream cone.
46. Earth-Based Space Station ( $1,500,000)
Make your dream of running through hamster tubes a reality.
47. Raising the Bar ($695,000)
Go to the lake and pour one out for AT&T.
- Hop Into Spring With These Egg-cellent Easter Nail Designs - March 30, 2023
- What Does Angel Number 222 Mean? Is it a Sign or Just a Number on Your Receipt? - March 20, 2023
- Trader Joe’s Has The Best Pies, And We Can Prove It With This List - March 9, 2023
Leave a Comment