A team of cold case investigators known as the Case Breakers say they’ve discovered the identity of the Zodiac Killer, a notorious serial killer who was active in 1968 and 1969. And no, he didn’t target people based on their Zodiac signs. Psst… we’re ok if you take the Geminis first.
The Case Breakers are a team of former law enforcement agents, journalists and military intelligence officers who have previously worked on other big cases, like the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa and the D.B. Cooper hijacking heist. We’re going to hire them to investigate Who Keeps Stealing Our Sandwiches next.
The professional sleuths say the Zodiac Killer was Gary Francis Poste, who died in 2018. Apparently they found forensic evidence and photos in his bedroom, and deciphered a clue in one of the Zodiac Killer’s letters that spelled out his name. It wasn’t T-e-d C-r-u-z, but close.
We turn now to Twitter for their thoughts. And some memes.
20 Funny Zodiac Killer Tweets and Memes
1. We finally won something!
2. That reminds us, we should probably check on our Sims.
3. P.S. Say hi to your mom.
4. And we thought it was a slow news week.
5. We all make mistakes.
6. He probably has a verified account too.
7. It’s as good an excuse as any.
8. Brace for impact.
9. Even more shocking: that it wasn’t Ted Cruz.
People logging onto Twitter on October 6, 2021 to see that the Zodiac Killer has been identified
— Shamar English (@english_shamar) October 6, 2021
10. *angrily pens letter to Texas*
11. Actually, it checks out.
12. Grocery shopping. Run errands. ID Zodiac Killer. Sounds like an average Wednesday to us.
14. We’re still waiting on the Leonardo DiCaprio version.
Gary Francis Poste aka “The Zodiac Killer” watching all those movies and documentaries about himself up until his death. pic.twitter.com/e7dDl4172q
— Jmar Jr (@jmarjr) October 6, 2021
15. Paul Rudd sums it all up.
Everyone finding out the Zodiac Killer has been identified in the year 2021 pic.twitter.com/eMtsKkR24y
— 𝕴 (@lumberry) October 6, 2021
16. Give us another 50 years to figure this one out.
17. You win some, you lose some.
18. The Zodiac Killer? I’ve never heard of him.
19. Just a hunch.
[the zodiac killer whispering to his date while watching The Zodiac] that’s not the zodiac
— Doth (@DothTheDoth) October 6, 2021
20. We’re with you.
I would still rather assume the Zodiac Killer is Ted Cruz and nothing you say will change that.
— Katy Stoll (@katystoll) October 6, 2021
- 28 Cute Summer Nails That Will Let You Make A Splash Without Getting Wet - May 23, 2022
- The Dirty Shirley Temple Is Summer’s Hottest Drink - May 17, 2022
- We Tried The New Starbucks Chocolate Cream Cold Brew - May 11, 2022