It’s pretty hard to pull off mutton chop sideburns, skin-tight white leather, and excessive pelvic gyration. But Elvis Presley made it work for him (and millions of adoring fans). And now, so does Austin Butler as Elvis Presley in the new Baz Luhrmann movie. And there are plenty of hot Austin Butler photos to prove it.
From the depths of the early 2000s Nickelodeon vault, Butler rose like a phoenix from the ashes of Uggs and low rise jeans. He’s traded in his swishy hair for an onyx comb over, and his varsity jacket for, like…quite a few collared capes.
Filling Presley’s blue suede shoes is a tall order, but Butler takes to the challenge like a pro.
He takes those dulcet tones and dreamy ebony locks and makes fans everywhere weak at the knees, nursing thready heartbeats. Well, maybe the heartbeat thing was in part due to Elvis’ signature peanut butter, bacon, and banana combination. But we digress.
Just a Bunch of Hot Austin Butler Photos
1. Hot is having the confidence to say “I could braid my hair, but instead I’ll braid my jacket.”
2. Between his perplexed expression and the way he’s holding his cards, it’s clear that he doesn’t really know how to play the game. But, then again, neither do we.
3. The color scheme reminds us of a vibrant summer smoothie. And we’d sip this one up any day.
4. Butler uses a turtleneck, shades, and facial hair to say, “yeah I play Elvis. But I could also do a lil’ somethin’ with Prince.” We love a multi-era man.
5. Austin looks pretty a-peeling here, don’t you think? (We’ll see ourselves out.)
6. Every heartthrob needs a “stare into a camera on the red carpet” photo. And we’re staring right back at this masterpiece.
7. If his perfectly swept locks and melting stare weren’t so mesmerizing, we’d think this photo was all about the boots.
8. Butler kindly directing us to where his future is headed: somewhere bright. Or, the inside of a grape.
9. Show us a man who can rock blonde hair as well as black, and…well, we won’t be showing you Ryan Gosling.
10. The manspread on the backwards chair is a familiar choice. But Butler brings a very different energy than, “Dad just trying to level with the kids these days.”
11. A demonstration that tousled locks sometimes need to be tamed. You hear that, every Hollywood director that makes women fight crime with their hair flowing in the wind?
12. “I can fit my whole fist in my mouth” is never a good conversation starter. Unless you’re Austin Butler. We’re listening.
13. Proper safety precautions. Unf.
14. Butler’s denim-all-over look has us wishing we were denim.
15. Just Austin Butler showing a fan how to smolder.
16. If you told us yesterday, “look how hot this guy is, manspreading in an ensemble of velvet and silk”, we’d call the police on you. Now, we’ll send you a basket of apology muffins.
17. Mr. On-my-way-to-fix-yo-car.
18. Just reject us so we can move on. Please?
19. The one and only time cute puppies will ever be upstaged. Better luck next time, Fido.