As we all struggle to adjust to isolation, boredom, and apocalyptic news stories, Netflix has given us what we need right now: the hot mess that is Tiger King. And, what came shortly after: a whole slew of Tiger King memes to distract us from the fact that the outside world is a dumpster fire at the moment.
No, don’t go outside to see it. No, put down the marshmallows.
WTF Is Tiger King?
For all you cool cats and kittens who actually change out of your pajamas in the morning and haven’t watched 145 hours of Netflix, Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness is a docuseries that follows Joe Exotic, a Lisa Frank-clad zoo owner in Oklahoma and his nemesis, Carole Baskin.
Tiger King is a deep, dark rabbit hole, filled with exotic pets and meth and mullets and animal cruelty and polygamy. It’s not a show that’ll make you feel good, but maybe it’ll make you feel less bad being stuck indoors with your charming roommate who decided to learn how to play the bagpipes.
The Best Tiger King Memes (So Far)
There’s been speculation about a second season, but until then, we all need to hang in there like Joe’s eyebrow ring. In the meantime, here are the best Tiger King memes to hold you over.
1. At least we found out early on that 2020 is not, in fact, our year.
2. The least surprising reveal of the whole series.
One of my favorite parts of tiger king is towards the end when they all start eluding to the “drugs” they did and eventually talk about how their drug of choice was low key meth AS IF WE COULD’NT TELL THAT THE ENTIRE TIME
— Cam (@cammakid) March 27, 2020
3. All other quarantine activities are put on hold.
4. Honesty really is the best policy…right?
5. First rule of a cult: The leader says it’s “not a cult.”
6. When you’re trying to figure out what you just watched.
7. So…now what do we do?
8. Honestly, we can get behind this Trapper Keeper aesthetic.
9. Don’t forget the presidential campaign!
10. It just doesn’t seem fair, that’s all.
— lex (@lexvng) March 24, 2020
11. He wasn’t kidding.
— Jessica (@Jessica_Ann711) March 21, 2020
12. Only a true fan knows.
13. So #blessed.
14. Time to update that age-old saying.
15. Go ahead, try.
— Ben G (@ben_g_texas) March 26, 2020
16. A true Renaissance man.
Me explaining #TigerKing to my mom:
There's a magician, meth head, tiger tamer, country singer, gay polygamist, an Alex Jones type but with live tigers in his videos, and presidential/gubernatorial candidate.
Mom: that's too many people to track
Me: oh that's just one guy
— Pete Stegemeyer (@itspeterj) March 24, 2020
17. WFH conference calls just got a little more bearable.
— Lauren Berryman (@Lblueberry18) March 23, 2020
18. I like to think that, in an alternate universe, Joe and Carole are best friends.
19. He’s not wrong.
20. I have made a terrible mistake.
Me: Oh cool, a documentary about tigers. Let me check this out. #TigerKing
Me ten minutes later: pic.twitter.com/LMpKFnBCPe
— Bill Welker (@MMAontheRocks) March 25, 2020
21. Just in case you were wondering…
22. That’s oddly specific, Carole.
23. Pretty much the only way we relate to Joe Exotic.
Joe Exotic is all of us right now pic.twitter.com/Rx3zsTuddJ
— tom sandoval’s ass tattoo (@theblybly) March 21, 2020
24. He’s a genie in a bottle, baby. Come, come, come on and let him out.
— Emily Brown (@EmilyBrownTeach) March 24, 2020
25. It was a very well-timed distraction.
26. Dax even has experience making a music video with big cats!
27. Tiger attack, but make it fashion.
— Ryan Fair (@ryguy_sexi21) March 22, 2020
28. Trying to explain 2020 to future generations is not going to be easy.
29. OK Cupid, I expect to see this option stat.
30. Trying to make sense of everything in Tiger King has cured our quarantine boredom.
I don’t wanna hear that you’re bored in quarantine. Go solve the disappearance of Carole Baskin’s first husband if you need something to do.
— sarafcarter (@sarafcarter) March 26, 2020
31. Actual footage of us trying to convince all our friends they need to watch.
- These 23 Black Halloween Nails Will Have You Ready for Spooky Season - October 27, 2020
- Ain’t No Laws When You’re Wearing One of These 19 White Claw Halloween Costumes - October 26, 2020
- 25 Bonafied Hilarious Skeleton Puns - October 22, 2020