Around this time most years, we’d be getting excited about wearing the latest fall fashions and digging out everything in our closet that’s either orange, red, brown, purple, or black. But, this year is a little… different. Still, the seasons are changing in Animal Crossing New Horizons (also known as ACNH), so here’s some festive fall outfits you’ll want to wear in real life.
And some, you can! We’ve added links where we found a similar match if you want your everyday style to mirror your in-game Animal Crossing look this autumn season.
Dress up your avatar and villagers so they can wear oversized sweaters while apple picking! Or a cottagecore dress while picking up a pumpkin-spice latte at the cafe! Or preppy back-to-school outfits while studying history, fishing with their bros, and taking some chipmunk named Pecan on a hike through the woods.
37 Fall Outfits to Get Your Animal Crossing Character Into the Autumnal Spirit
Now that the wind is picking up, the leaves are changing, and supposedly acorns and fall-themed DIYs are available, you’ll need a jacket to stay warm in the cooler weather.
2. This faux Shearling coat is a great look if you want to fit in with all your sheep villagers. Faux real life version at Nordstrom.
3. Pair this Denim jacket with a pair of denim jeans for a somehow trendy Canadian tuxedo lewk. Real-life version at Nordstrom.
4. This tweed jacket comes with a matching burnt orange skirt and collared shirt. Rock a similar look with this double-breasted blazer by Madewell.
5. This cozy cloak is the thing to wear when admiring the fall foliage on your trees. We totally want a replica one so we can roll for initiative, but in the meantime this brown and burnt orange one will have to do.
6. The classic vintage check Burberry trench coat, from Burberry of course.
7. This squirrely coat with acorn pockets is great for putting all your pinecones and acorns in.
8. We’re not sure what “Anna” means here, but if it’s Karenina, watch out for trains while dressed in this lookalike pea coat from Farfetch. And if it’s from Frozen, sorry but we’re still not watching the sequel.
Fall Sweaters and Hoodies
Is it even fall if you’re not wearing a chunky knit sweater or an itchy argyle jumper?
2. This lacy brown cardigan is what you should be wearing if you’re planning to run into Sherlock Holmes.
3. Moonbell Cottage‘s Velouria has combined a classic school uniform with a long chestnut brown sweater with embroidered flowers for a sweet wandering through the forest where you’re definitely not going to get eaten by a witch.
4. This orange and cream striped pullover sweater can be found at Modcloth, though it’s currently sold out.
5. Got your PSL and boots? Time to hit the pumpkin patch in this knit jumper.
6. When you’ve been counting down the days until Halloween since March.
7. This snail sweater is best on crispy toast. Er, paired with a denim skirt and boots.
8. We can’t decide if this checkered tree sweater is more fall or winter. Better wear it to Thanksgiving to annoy Raymond or whomever is playing the role of that one uncle this year.
9. This fall foliage sweater is little on the nose, sure. But we could say the same for that giant moon in the center of your island.
10. Go mushroom hunting in this long cardigan and come back to town with a totally different outlook on life.
11. We want to snuggle up in this green fall hoodie with fox and friends. And by friends we mean leaves. Look it gets lonely out there sometimes for a woodland critter, ok?
12. A moss-colored school uniform to reminisce about those prep school days when you spent more time making out behind the bleachers than going to class.
13. Pair the Levi’s Flannel Jacket with Chris Evans’s chunky white Knives Out sweater and you’ve got yourself your coziest fall outfit. Sweater available at L.L. Bean.
14. When you need an outfit that works in the library and the forest. Versatility!
37. The “I want to be cute but live where it’s freezing by October” outfit.
Fall Dresses and Skirts
1. If this ocher cottagecore fitted top and flowy skirt isn’t the look of the season, we don’t know what is. But that’s why you read Vogue.
2. Cute peek-a-boo Fox Dress. Of course nothing like it exists, but there is this ModCloth dress featuring foxes playing tennis and we’re just gonna lie to ourselves and say it’s the same thing.
3 There’s no shortage of mushroom dresses in Animal Crossing but this one has some Oktoberfest flair. Prost!
4. This stunning Monarch dress can be yours in-game and out if you get this matching one from Etsy.
6. This fall dress is only for Blathers’ biggest fan.
7. A witchy dress that’s perfect for wearing to a Mabon celebration. As long as you can make it back from Narnia first.
8. This colorful fair isle top and billowing skirt isn’t exactly fall, but it’s too bright for winter and too warm for summer, so it is what it is. Oh, the perils of fashion.
9. This strappy green mushroom dress takes us right back to the 90s. Where’s those Doc Martens when you need them?
10. If you haven’t set up a bakery on your island, you’re required to after downloading this cottagecore custom dress.
11. When you love fall, but also want something practical, throw on these corduroy overalls.
12. This mustard sweater and green suspender skirt combo clashes a bit, but not so much we’re throwing it out of the cart.
13. This skirt and sweater has some serious Velma vibes, but we still think it slaps.
14. If your island is farm-themed, you really can’t go wrong with these denim overalls and red and white checkered shirt. Get the matching overalls from Levi’s.
- Rice Krispie Treats Coffee Creamer Is Coming If You Want Your Coffee to Taste Like Marshmallows - October 14, 2021
- 21 Devilishly Delicious Halloween Cocktails - October 13, 2021
- The Best Reactions to Timothee Chalamet As Willy Wonka - October 10, 2021