The world is burning and everything is terrible, but at least we can find sweet release in Lorde‘s latest single, “Mood Ring.“
It’s the third track released from her upcoming album, Solar Power, which drops August 20th. We’re not sure if “ethereal house” is a music category yet, but if anyone can make it happen, it’s Lorde.
The video gives us flowing green attire, snoozy summer afternoon vibes, and a bright, minimalist decor palette we’ve been trying to master for years. So far, all we have is a white rug with a wine stain on it.
mentally living in lorde's cinematic universe pic.twitter.com/TywSsBl9u0
— ♡ (@lionheartedgrI) August 17, 2021
Throw that all together with Lorde’s woodland fairy voice and platinum blonde hair, and it creates the best 3 minute and 44 second meditation we’ve ever had.
The Best Twitter Responses to Lorde’s Mood Ring Music Video
Instead of writing a 1,000 word essay on how this has temporarily cured our anxiety, we’ll share the best tweets and memes posted in response to “Mood Ring.” Just don’t click around to any other tweets. The rest of the platform isn’t always so chill. Who knew?
1. We’d jump in front of the bus to save her.
2. All hail, Queen of the Onion Rings!
3. And here we were, having such a nice time…
4. Can you reach us? No, you can’t.
5. I don’t think I’m mentally prepared for the full album.
6. It definitely has way cuter clothes than our last cult.
7. It was a wig all along?! Spoilers!
lorde after filming the mood ring video: pic.twitter.com/dflloop4Gk
— 🕷ARCA SHADY FACTS🕷 (@__piss__) August 17, 2021
8. Water into wine? Basic. Brown into platinum? Iconic.
9. TBH, we can’t stop looking either.
10. It’s way easier on the knees.
11. Where is this crossover episode?
12. But what color hair would she have in that video?
13. Holding our breath until Friday.
- RadioShack’s Twitter Has Gone Off the Rails…and Into Crypto - June 30, 2022
- Funny Latte Art Fails That Will Make You Think “I Could Do That” - June 30, 2022
- The 25 Funniest Astrology Memes for Every Sign - June 30, 2022