Grab your crystals and some tissues because Lorde’s new album Solar Power is out. The celestial songs will hit you hard in the feels, while also making you feel like you’ve floated off to another planet.
If you’ve listened to any of the singles already, including “Solar Power” and “Mood Ring,” then you have an idea of what to expect. But the full album will take you on a ride of emotions, so stock up on your Kleenex. The soft kind, this time.
There’s a love letter to her late dog and comforting words of wisdom to her past self. The rest of it got kind of hard to hear all the lyrics over our uncontrollable sobs, but there are definitely more gems.
Thankfully, the Internet was eventually able to make it through the whole album. So here are Twitter’s best meme reactions to Lorde’s new album.
23 Funny Tweets About Lorde’s Solar Power
1. Well this took a turn!
2. We’ve heard this somewhere before. Just not sure where.
3. Sounds like a questionable place to visit.
4. We haven’t really figured out how to walk in these long flowy skirts yet.
5. An important history lesson.
6. Mom, can you bring my makeup remover?
7. We haven’t felt this many emotions since we dropped my last pizza roll on the floor.
me listening to big star after knowing that lorde made it for her dog pearl who passed: pic.twitter.com/TqXYZ5M7XQ
— emolas | solar power (@lordesober_) August 20, 2021
8. Look, Grey’s Anatomy has really done a number on us recently.
9. And honestly, we’ve never been more comfortable.
10. If we listen to it enough, maybe we’ll come around.
11. We come bearing onion rings and crystals.
12. So, all of us. Cool.
13. Melodrama is *such* a middle child.
14. Those psychedelic garlands really hit hard.
15. Does anyone smell something burning?
16. Well this was a rollercoaster.
17. Can we introduce you to our new BFF?
18. Not the Lorde we expected, but the Lorde we needed.
19. If only our diary entries could become international musical sensations, too.
20. Finally, an reason to cancel plans that’s more believable than, “a centaur stole my car.”
21. She never stood a chance.
22. We just got a headache thinking about our middle school‘s hallway.
Leave a Comment