We don’t usually cover the Royal Family around here, but we’ve loved Meghan Markle ever since she was in Suits, long before she was the Duchess of Sussex. And, Oprah’s sit-down interview with Meghan and Prince Harry that aired yesterday was something else.
Unless you’ve been paying attention to the “so the Royal Family is racist” thru-line, in which case, the fact that her experience was harrowing is upsetting, but not surprising at all.
Since Twitter is all about spilling the tea, and yesterday, much tea was spilled when the interview aired, here’s the best Twitter reactions we’ve found so far.
So far, the Prime Minister has declined to comment. We’ll be over here eating popcorn and waiting for the Royal Family‘s “we’re pretending we’re shocked” reaction.
If you missed the interview, you can watch it here on CBS.
Twitter Reactions to the Meghan Markle and Harry Interview with Oprah
1. Look, he tried.
2. Oh, look honey, we’re trending on the Twitter! Oh no. Oh no…
3. What happens if we push this?
4. Standing ovation.
5. In theaters this holiday season!
u just know tyler perry is writing madea goes to london as we speak
— Steadman™ (@AsteadWesley) March 8, 2021
6. So here’s how it really went.
“Did you make Kate cry?” – Oprah
“The opposite happened” – Meghan#OprahMeghanHarry pic.twitter.com/cDClAP1R32
— Chicks in the Office (@ChicksInTheOff) March 8, 2021
7. Well, would you look at that.
8. Once more for everyone in the back.
9. Adding this to the list of things the Royal Family did that are not ok.
They didn’t want Archie to be a royal and he was NOT going to receive ANY SECURITY??!!! #OprahMeghanHarry pic.twitter.com/jaq2c2vISG
— Jessica Fyre 💫 (@TheJessieWoo) March 8, 2021
10. Can we cancel the monarchy? How does that work? How about their policies?
11. A Notes apology is not going to cut it this time.
12. Oh, you are in for a rude awakening.
13. We’re on our way!!!!
Everyone on their way to protect Harry and Meghan at all costs 😂 #HarryandMeghanonOprah pic.twitter.com/IUGtu4sveN
— Nicole Perez (@nicole_perez1) March 8, 2021
14. TBH they had it coming.
15. Maybe it’s time to finally watch The Crown?</h3?
The Producer of the crown on their way to negotiate with Meghan Markle and Harry now pic.twitter.com/ujN14Msh2f
— Tierney & starboy (@babyface2000ad) March 8, 2021
16. Wink wink.
17. Finally, not a reaction, but an important reminder.
The polarity is precisely the issue. The difference in treatment between Meghan and Kate is one of the clearest examples of the misogynoir at play & is a reminder that if they can do that to a Duchess, it’s happening to Black women *everyday*#OprahMeghanHarry#BlackWomenAtWork
— brittany packnett cunningham has 3 names. (@MsPackyetti) March 8, 2021
- This Sweet, Salty Hazelnut Espresso From Starbucks’ Secret Menu Is a Must Try - March 28, 2023
- 75 Short Jokes That’ll Make You Literally Laugh Out Loud - March 25, 2023
- Lady Gaga Stuns as the New Harley Quinn on the Set Of Joker 2 - March 25, 2023
Leave a Comment