The Oscars aired Sunday night and as per usual, there was an array of stars in gorgeous dresses, impeccable suits, and Will Smith slapping Chris Rock. Up until that moment, the funniest thing was Remi Malek’s unsettling stare.
Before we jump into those, you might be wondering why did Will Smith slap Chris Rock for making a G.I. Jane 2 joke? Because, Jada Pinkett Smith is losing her hair due to alopecia and Smith was defending her. So, we’re not saying the slug was deserved, but… onto the memes!
— Alejandro Guerra (@Cinephile420) March 28, 2022
The Best 2022 Oscar Memes and Tweet
1. Roxane Gay knows what’s up.
2. Everyone in that moment.
3. Chris slaps Will and wait, we’re just going to keep the presenters coming?
4. It’s a vibe. The vibe of the 2022 Oscars, specifically.
“And the Oscar for Best Picture goes to … 300”
— Mike Ryan (@mikeryan) March 28, 2022
5. Troy Kotsur’s win was one of our favorite moments.
— Anne Beaulac (@annebeaulac) March 28, 2022
6. Ariana DuBose’s win was another.
— Nora Dominick (@noradominick) March 28, 2022
7. Fine, but can we also ask Rami for clues?
Also possibly the physical manifestation of the narrator for the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland
— Jason Stives (@JayStives) March 28, 2022
8. It’s called method acting. Look it up.
— Chicks in the Office (@ChicksInTheOff) March 28, 2022
9. And his understudy, Timothée Chalamet.
here to terrify and arouse you, please welcome rami malek
— David Mack (@davidmackau) March 28, 2022
10. Dame Judi Dench. Literally right there. Or as we like to call her, M.
That Bond thing was like the montage at the front of a DVD that you’re prevented from skipping.
— Mark Harris (@MarkHarrisNYC) March 28, 2022
11. Ok, back to Chris and Will.
— ᎯℕⅅℛℰᎯ ᏇᎯTTЅ 🖤 (@andi_wats76) March 28, 2022
12. TBH it was more of a slap.
They honored 60 years of James Bond tonight & he didn’t even land the best punch. #Oscars
— Mark Ellis (@markellislive) March 28, 2022
13. And the Oscar goes to…
Have Chris Rock give out another award with a huge neck brace on
— Patrick Monahan (@pattymo) March 28, 2022
14. Finally, they found a use for the Speed Force.
15. It’s one way to raise viewership.
i too would like to punch most people who present at the oscars
— llama in a tux (@LlamaInaTux) March 28, 2022
16. There are rules. Apparently.
The things we don’t talk about at the Oscar’s
2. Will Smiths wife
— joe bjorklund (@j_bjork73) March 28, 2022
17. The Fresh Prince still has got it.
What a very west Philly Oscars.
— quinta brunson (@quintabrunson) March 28, 2022
18. Celebrities, they’re just like us.
andrew garfield going on twitter to see if will smith actually just socked chris rock in the mouth pic.twitter.com/rbpFk9XgPq
— ًdaisy🕷 (@ctrlzdaisy) March 28, 2022
19. Just hold still.
Will smiths publicist to the entire world. pic.twitter.com/ixRVyEvZWb
— Chance (@ChanceIt215) March 28, 2022
- The 50 Best Tweets and Memes Commemorating the Alleged End of Twitter - November 17, 2022
- The Funniest “No Woman Has All Five” Tweets Some of Which Are Probably Accurate - November 17, 2022
- We’re Really Hoping It’s Not WWIII, But Just In Case Here Are Some Memes - November 15, 2022