The Oscars aired Sunday night and as per usual, there was an array of stars in gorgeous dresses, impeccable suits, and Will Smith slapping Chris Rock. Up until that moment, the funniest thing was Remi Malek’s unsettling stare.
But, Smith’s swing launched Twitter into a frenzy, resulting in plenty of Oscar memes and tweets about the whole thing.
Before we jump into those, you might be wondering why did Will Smith slap Chris Rock for making a G.I. Jane 2 joke? Because, Jada Pinkett Smith is losing her hair due to alopecia and Smith was defending her. So, we’re not saying the slug was deserved, but… onto the memes!
For those who think the exchange was fake- maybe it was, but here’s the uncensored clip of Will and Chris #Oscars pic.twitter.com/HuSkEBCFX4
— Alejandro Guerra (@Cinephile420) March 28, 2022
The Best 2022 Oscar Memes and Tweet
1. Roxane Gay knows what’s up.
2. Everyone in that moment.
3. Chris slaps Will and wait, we’re just going to keep the presenters coming?
4. It’s a vibe. The vibe of the 2022 Oscars, specifically.
“And the Oscar for Best Picture goes to … 300”
— Mike Ryan (@mikeryan) March 28, 2022
5. Troy Kotsur’s win was one of our favorite moments.
Youn Yuh-jung grabbing the Oscar from Troy Kotsur so he can sign 🥲🥲🥲#Oscars pic.twitter.com/sVMiNiafJw
— Anne Beaulac (@annebeaulac) March 28, 2022
6. Ariana DuBose’s win was another.
rita moreno and ariana debose. two academy award winners for anita in west side story. both their first nominations and wins. 60 years a part #Oscars pic.twitter.com/7If7BltCag
— Nora Dominick (@noradominick) March 28, 2022
7. Fine, but can we also ask Rami for clues?
Also possibly the physical manifestation of the narrator for the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland
— Jason Stives (@JayStives) March 28, 2022
8. It’s called method acting. Look it up.
Pretty sure Rami Malek is still in character as his James Bond villain at the #Oscars pic.twitter.com/PphUtgFvBC
— Chicks in the Office (@ChicksInTheOff) March 28, 2022
9. And his understudy, Timothée Chalamet.
here to terrify and arouse you, please welcome rami malek
— David Mack (@davidmackau) March 28, 2022
10. Dame Judi Dench. Literally right there. Or as we like to call her, M.
That Bond thing was like the montage at the front of a DVD that you’re prevented from skipping.
— Mark Harris (@MarkHarrisNYC) March 28, 2022
11. Ok, back to Chris and Will.
Seriously was that real? #oscars WTF #willsmith #chrisrock pic.twitter.com/hjnGVqpDTj
— ᎯℕⅅℛℰᎯ ᏇᎯTTЅ 🖤 (@andi_wats76) March 28, 2022
12. TBH it was more of a slap.
They honored 60 years of James Bond tonight & he didn’t even land the best punch. #Oscars
— Mark Ellis (@markellislive) March 28, 2022
13. And the Oscar goes to…
Have Chris Rock give out another award with a huge neck brace on
— Patrick Monahan (@pattymo) March 28, 2022
14. Finally, they found a use for the Speed Force.
15. It’s one way to raise viewership.
i too would like to punch most people who present at the oscars
— llama in a tux (@LlamaInaTux) March 28, 2022
16. There are rules. Apparently.
The things we don’t talk about at the Oscar’s
2. Will Smiths wife
— joe bjorklund (@j_bjork73) March 28, 2022
17. The Fresh Prince still has got it.
What a very west Philly Oscars.
— quinta brunson (@quintabrunson) March 28, 2022
18. Celebrities, they’re just like us.
andrew garfield going on twitter to see if will smith actually just socked chris rock in the mouth pic.twitter.com/rbpFk9XgPq
— ًdaisy🕷 (@ctrlzdaisy) March 28, 2022
19. Just hold still.
Will smiths publicist to the entire world. pic.twitter.com/ixRVyEvZWb
— Chance (@ChanceIt215) March 28, 2022
- Lady Gaga Stuns as the New Harley Quinn on the Set Of Joker 2 - March 25, 2023
- Here Your Look At What’s Coming to Dunkin’s Menu for Summer 2023 - March 23, 2023
- I Tried Starbucks’ Oleato Drinks: Does Olive Oil Taste Good In Coffee? - March 22, 2023
Leave a Comment