Netflix describes their latest reality dating show Sexy Beasts as Love Is Blind meets The Masked Singer. Which means, yes, if we’re lucky we’ll get to see Jeff Goldblum guest host in a fly costume.
What Is Sexy Beasts?
Netflix’s Sexy Beasts is a dating show in which the participants wear extreme animal prosthetics to *truly* test non-physical chemistry. The first set of six episodes of Sexy Beasts will premiere on July 21, with a second set coming out later sometime this year.
While the full line-up hasn’t been provided the trailer reveals a panda bear, bull, bug, fox, dog, gopher, baboon, dolphin, and some creatures that we’re pretty sure a zoologist wouldn’t even be able to identify.
Naturally, Twitter is on top of it. And people got opinions, lots of them. The general consensus is WTF but after that, the opinions become strongly divided between I’m cancelling Netflix this instant and I hate myself but gonna binge watch it one day.
TK Tweets About Sexy Beasts
1. Same. We’re already off to a great start.
2. A drug called love.
3. Silver lining – we can really let all our freak flags fly now.
4. Fur sure is.
Is this furreal?
— moleek (@moleek22) June 23, 2021
5. Seems like a gateway experience.
6. Everyone has a kink. We just never thought this is one we’d see brought to life.
7. It’s unlikely.
8. Netflix did their market research and we can’t hate them for that.
9. Universal knows what they got and they’re marking their territory.
10. Quite the personality.
11. Go on…
12. Looney Tunes has entered the convo now?
13. Gonna need to see those credentials again.
14. Send in Mr. Peanut Butter!
15. More like one extra step.
16. We’re aware of our unhealthy actions okay?
17. Just don’t make it look like you copied.
18. Netflix UK & Ireland truly knows a good marketing moment when they see one.
19. A very specific demographic.
So apparently the #sexybeasts demographic is moms who don’t know they are on caps lock pic.twitter.com/WxDtXgVM9X
— Madeleine Hamilton (@madelham) June 23, 2021
20. Furries: We want representation. Netflix: We got you. Furries: No. Not like that.
This is as close as television will come to a furry dating show. #SexyBeasts https://t.co/OqdZJxCrEj
— The Mary Sue (@TheMarySue) June 22, 2021
21. Maybe just save the leash for date two.
"Heavy petting" just got very literal https://t.co/JXP6EOquYU
— Caitlin Moran (@caitlinmoran) June 23, 2021
22. But the perfect gopher is out there for you too, Jess.
Sir, respectfully I would rather spend my life alone. https://t.co/Nmlpin1zYL
— Jess Davies (@_JessicaDavies) June 23, 2021
23. This is where we’re at with it.
I’m gonna watch the fuck out of this and I don’t know what that says about me nor would I like to unpack it at this present moment https://t.co/IIucJs8CL8
— Brett S. Vergara (@BrettSVergara) June 23, 2021
24. They’ll never be you, furries.
- These Starbucks Caramel Drinks That Prove Sugar Is Best Served With A Side Of Caffeine - March 30, 2023
- 45 Pretty Spring Nail Designs To Try This Year - March 30, 2023
- 47 Starbucks Secret Menu Drinks to Try When You’re Bored with Your Usual - March 24, 2023
Leave a Comment