Not only is it summer, but we may even get to do things. Which means it’s time to embrace some of the hottest summer nail colors for 2021 because finally someone other than your favorite delivery driver will see them.
Traditionally, summer colors are bright and cheery hues to complement those hot summer days. Unless, you’re in the Southern Hemisphere. In which case, we need to have a completely different conversation.
The trendiest nail polish shades for this season include bold yellows, minty greens, and electric oranges, but also some less bold colors if you’d rather tiptoe into summer and then cannonball into the pool.
Summer Nail Colors for 2021
1. essie Nail Lacquer in Zest Has Yet To Come
2. Orly Nail Lacquer in Artificial Orange
It wouldn’t be summer without neon, now would it? Mostly because this one reminds us of traffic cones and having to go through driving school… again.
3. Smith & Cult Nail Lacquer in Ice Tears
For summer, this shade is probably a little darker than expected. But it’ll go well with star gazing or a trip to space. Is that still happening? Musk? Is this thing on?
4. Nailtopia Nail Lacquer in Nails on Fleek
Anything that looks like the Bahamas in a bottle is a winning summer shade for us. Anything that smells like the Bahamas in a bottle is rum. We’ll take one of each, thanks.
5. ILNP Jelly Nail Polish in Pool Party
Last year was the year of zoom meetings. Let’s make 2021 the year of pool meetings. Or hot tub ones if you don’t mind melting your laptop.
6. ORLY Nail Lacquer in Here Flora Good Time
We do love our plants. Can you manifest a green thumb by having an actual green thumb? No? Got any paint remover?
7. ORLY Nail Lacquer in Kaleidoscope Eyes
We’re not sure what this has to do with kaleidoscopes but we’re also not sure how they get that whole world in there either. Is it like Harry Potter?
8. Smith & Cult Nail Polish in Plastic Beach, $18
W guava shade of pink is Miami in a bottle. Sorry we couldn’t get a bigger one!
9. OPI Long-Wear Lacquer in Hue is the Artist?
White polish really brings out your summer tan, but why not try this almost white shade? By almost white we mean not white at all but a super pale lavender. Tomato, potato.
10. Expressie’s Nail Polish in Express to Impress
There’s something dreamy about this mint green. Probably the mint chocolate chip ice cream we’re having right after they dry.
11. Expressie’s Nail Polish in Crave the Chaos
We’re definitely craving some chaos this summer. Preferably more chaotic good and less chaotic evil. Yes, we mean you, sand.
12. Sally Hansen Nail Polish in Crystal Blue
This vegan shade of blue is perfect for those days your head is in the clouds. On an unrelated note, neither side of these mushrooms is helping us grow smaller.
- 24 Winter Nail Designs to Rock In Your Fingerless Gloves - December 1, 2021
- Deck Your Halls With These Target Christmas Decorations - November 24, 2021
- 16 Sagittarius Gifts for the Most Adventurous Zodiac Sign - November 22, 2021