We all know who legendary skater Tony Hawk is. And by know, we mean remember his mug from Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 or Gleaming the Cube. Because for the last twenty years, Hawk has come across a comedic number of people who think he “looks a lot like Tony Hawk.”
Hawk has been keeping a meticulous diary of these incidents on Twitter. So, we rounded up the funniest tweets by and about Tony Hawk and the identity crisis this sort-of public figure must feel on the daily.
25 Funny Tony Hawk Tweets
1. The name sounds familiar…
2. Now shoo so we can do a 900.
3. Sick jump, kid.
4. Thanks, Dorian.
5. So close.
6. Is everyone in on the joke at this point?
To clarify: each person was joking, but unaware that they were redundant.
— Tony Hawk (@tonyhawk) January 11, 2021
8. On second thought…
9. No words.
10. Elephant, skater, same thing.
11. Is Tony Hawk without a skateboard even Tony Hawk?
i think about this tony hawk post every day pic.twitter.com/UAr4QOBxNR
— rae ⚔️ (@raehasasword) August 13, 2020
12. Hey, wait a minute.
13. Are we Tony Hawk?
And the award for existential crisis goes to… pic.twitter.com/OhhBsSyJSo
— Tony Hawk (@tonyhawk) February 10, 2020
14. The circle is complete.
16. That escalated quickly.
17. So much better than AP History.
Here ya go. I still look exactly the same 35 years later FYI pic.twitter.com/CmPGyVQeBE
— Tony Hawk (@tonyhawk) January 2, 2021
18. So supportive.
19. Please be in on the joke.
A conversation with auto service:
my life as a meme pic.twitter.com/0QbZfKQIvE
— Tony Hawk (@tonyhawk) November 22, 2019
20. Well glad this isn’t awkward at all.
21. Will this issue of Thrasher work?
23. Er, sorry?
Other nurse: it’s true, and she still skates. I blame you for when she got hurt and I was short staffed for a week.
Me: my sincere apologies. Don’t do a kickflip.
— Tony Hawk (@tonyhawk) May 26, 2021
- Make Your Christmas Countdown Caffeinated With These Coffee Advent Calendars - November 29, 2022
- Take Your Home Bar to the Next Level With These Cocktail Cookbooks - November 25, 2022
- Win Thanksgiving Without Having To Cook With This Nail Art - November 18, 2022