Timothée Chalamet is having quite the 2021. From his meme-approved appearance with Bill Murray at the Cannes Film Festival to his white suit at the Met Gala to this first look of him as Willy Wonka for the prequel coming in 2023.
Gene Wilder will always and forever be the Willy Wonka, despite Johnny Depp’s attempt to out-weird one of the strangest characters to be associated with confectionery.
But, one thing Wilder (or TBH that version of Depp) didn’t have was sex appeal. And, this Wonka seems to have it in spades. Or, rather, crystals. You know, because chocolate comes in a crystal matrix and… right.
The reactions so far to the first look are pretty good, so here’s the best memes and tweets we could find.
Tweets and Memes About Timothée Chalamet as Willy Wonka
1. Agreed. So there will be more, right?
timothee chalamet willy wonka is what happens when a hollywood focus group tries to create a tumblr sexyman. pic.twitter.com/k0Neh1DkwC
— Gavia Baker-Whitelaw (@Hello_Tailor) October 10, 2021
2. Mmm yes yes. Delicious. Another.
willy wonka (looking over menu at nice restaurant): yes i'll take the chocolate bar
— Rajat Suresh (@rajat_suresh) October 11, 2021
3. Ok, but hear us out on George Clooney.
Saying you prefer Johnny Depp over Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka is like saying you prefer Val Kilmer over Michael Keaton as Batman.
— The Volatile Mermaid (@OhNoSheTwitnt) October 11, 2021
4. Wonka takes Manhattan next.
y’all making the wrong movie cause that is not Willy Wonka 😭 pic.twitter.com/4NKcvP00n5
— bex ♡'s laszlo !! ☻ (@milkdancy) October 10, 2021
5. It’s um. You ok, dude?
Can’t wait for this Willy Wonka prequel movie so we can finally learn what would cause someone to like candy.
— Elliott Kalan (@ElliottKalan) October 11, 2021
6. But have you had an everlasting gobstopper?
Willy Wonka is so weird. I’ve had chocolate too bro. Not gonna act all weird because of it
— pj evans (@pjayevans) October 10, 2021
7. Again? Did we miss something?
oh jesus now everybody about to be thirsting over willy wonka aGAIN https://t.co/7bNLmz4zq0
— paulˣ (@paulswhtn) October 10, 2021
8. But it literally just started.
the sexification of willy wonka needs to stop.
— Emma 🦷 (@emmalangevin) October 10, 2021
9. We didn’t say it. She said it.
i never thought i would want to fuck willy wonka but here we are pic.twitter.com/GVq53sW8RB
— cris 💌🧛🏼♀️ (@ifeeIkindafree) October 10, 2021
10. Please enjoy the chocolate factory. It’s right next to the butter churn.
Brave choice to make Willy Wonka’s origin story set in 2010 Williamsburg. pic.twitter.com/cqtJBCByJK
— sam greisman (@SAMGREIS) October 10, 2021
11. Do we hear a Squid Game sequel?
I don’t need a sexy young Willy Wonka movie. Show me a wicked old, retired Wonka, on an unstoppable killing spree in his nursing home. Taking down seniors left and right with poisoned Werthers and booby-trapped pudding cups.
— Josh Gondelman (@joshgondelman) October 11, 2021
12. Straight into the world of Charles Dickens? Darn right he is.
Is Willy Wonka going on an adventure? pic.twitter.com/4J1BCmvXoC
— TheOneRing.net (@theoneringnet) October 10, 2021
- Your February Horoscope for 2023… As Predicted by AI - February 1, 2023
- 81 Riddles for Adults (With Answers) - January 25, 2023
- The Funniest Memes In Response to M&Ms Firing the Spokescandies - January 23, 2023