Netflix’s new fantasy series The Witcher isn’t just filled with ravens, sexy moments, and spells. It’s also got witches and one oddly catchy song about coin tossing. Basically it has everything Game of Thrones had, minus the stupid ending. And that means there’s plenty of great Witcher memes.
What Is The Witcher?
The Witcher began as a series of novels written from 1993 to 2013 by Polish author Andrzej Sapowski. It was adapted into a video game by CD Projekt Red in 2008, and producer Lauren Schmidt Hissrich brought it to Netflix in December 2019.
Hissrich is also responsible for Daredevil, The Defenders, The West Wing, and these dark circles under our eyes.
The books and Netflix series chronicle the adventures of Geralt of Rivia, a powerful witcher (aka monster bounty hunter) who we totally don’t want to climb like a tree. The fact that he’s played by Henry Cavill doesn’t hurt.
In each adaptation of The Witcher, the storyline, beasts, and love triangles grow more dangerous. And when Geralt isn’t trudging through a booby-trapped, enchanted forest, we get to meet two of the strongest magical women on television: The sorceress Yennefer (Anya Chalotra) and the young princess Ciri (Freya Allan).
We love memes, so now that you know what it’s all about, here are 25 of our favorite Witcher memes from the magical show. Find more at @TheWitcherMemes!
The 25 Most Hilarious Witcher Memes
1. Are you going to finish that dessert?
2. When you’ve been going too hard on those potions…
3. All of us are Geralt when we face a problem.
Geralt when he faces a problem. #TheWitcher pic.twitter.com/3G7nrybbVy
— The Witcher Memes (@witchermemes) December 25, 2019
4. Yennefer’s that friend that leaves you alone at the club.
Thanks, Yennefer pic.twitter.com/kXGIOPmWqj
— Witcher Memes (@TheWitcherMemes) January 13, 2020
5. Can you relate to Ciri?
6. Jaskier is just as addicted “Toss a Coin to Your Witcher” as we are.
7. You’ll need to find a djinn to get the song out of your head.
Witcher illustration by @hannahhilliam
8. Don’t mind me. I’ll just be here waiting for Netflix.
me, waiting for the witcher season 2 pic.twitter.com/SXQMcywdLm
— s*len (@geraltsjaskier) January 18, 2020
9. RIP, burger toppings.
10. Finding your destiny or playing cards? Decisions, decisions.
"I'm sorry your loved one was brutally killed by a striga. Now how about a round of Gwent?" #TheWitcher pic.twitter.com/6NEE4GpgY8
— Witcher Stuff (@WitcherStuff) January 19, 2020
11. Friends don’t insult each other’s singing.
Jaskier: You need a nap!
— Geralt of Rivia (@GeraltOfWarrior) January 15, 2020
12. He’s behind me, isn’t he.
13. When Geralt learns that he has a child of surprise
Geralt after hearing about his child of surprise #thewitcher pic.twitter.com/UA8VQuHIsm
— 🅱️itcher of Blaviken (@jaskeralt) January 15, 2020
14. Thanks, Spotify?
now that toss a coin to your witcher is on Spotify…… pic.twitter.com/NpWZZuRDyd
— little vvomen (2019) (@sadichhakarki) January 23, 2020
15. Who could resist?
16. Geralt should wash his hair first.
It’s Witcher hours my dudes #TheWitcher #GeraltOfRivia #Jaskier pic.twitter.com/4beCWRNHIu
— strudelcreep (@strudelcreep) January 12, 2020
17. What my boss says about the presentation I wrote at 3 AM.
Jaskier: come on, Geralt, tell me, be honest, how is my singing.
Geralt: ….#TheWitcher pic.twitter.com/USrNQthhOh
— Geralt of Rivia (@GeraltOfWarrior) January 18, 2020
18. The Friends crossover we didn’t know we needed.
Meme by @Piech42
19. When you have unrealistic dating standards.
Meme by @TruthWFlair
20. When you’ve finished the first season and are ready for more.
- These 13 Pumpkin Beers Are a Fall Festival in a Glass - October 5, 2022
- Car Tips 101: How to Change Your Car’s Oil At Home - February 28, 2022
- Fall in Love With These 15 Black-Owned Lingerie Brands - February 4, 2022
Leave a Comment