Hey, you late-January and early-February folks: it’s time to get yourself an Aquarius tattoo! Of course, now that we’ve told you to, you probably won’t, you rebel you.
Despite being the water bearer, Aquarius is an air sign, confusingly, and is ruled by Uranus (lolz). Uranus rules over disruption, change, and the unconventional aspects of our nature. So Aquarians are naturally kind of weird… we mean that in a nice way.
If you’re an Aquarius looking to get some ink to show off how much you love your zodiac sign, you’ll likely want something original and unique to suit your innovative personality. Here are some of our favorite cool Aquarius tattoo ideas.
Aquarius Tattoo Ideas
1. This water bearer tattoo by Joanna Kańka reminds us that we’re all out of water. Time to fetch some from the well! We better not have to rescue Timmy from there again.
2. This Aquarius tattoo combines the constellation with a humpback whale. Sub in the animal of your choice. Just as long as it’s another humpback.
3. This tattoo will have you saying, “For the last time, Aquarius is not a water sign! Now give me back my wallet!” You’ve been warned.
4. Artist Lilian Raya captures zodiac signs perfectly, as with this vibrant water bearer that has the Aquarius symbol emblazoned in neon blue on her cheeks.
5. Aquarians are known for being eclectic and original. That’s what you can tell to your neighbors when them complain about you rocking this pose on your front lawn.
6. This woman’s hair looks like it’s 500 feet long. How much conditioner does she go through a week?
7. The beautiful goddess in this piece is tattooed with an Aquarius constellation. That’s meta, right? (We threw out our dictionary.)
8. This Aquarius tattoo by Khaldoon A Mjahid features a water bearer with blue hair and no eyeballs. No, you’re never going to stop having nightmares about Event Horizon.
9. This mermaid tattoo might make it easy to forget that Aquarius is an air sign. Except for the fact that we’ve reminded you 20 times already.
10. Leo Borja’s tattoo features a water bearer that reminds us of that time we tried to learn to Draw the Marvel Way. We got stuck somewhere between “draw a circle” and “draw all of Sue Storm.”
11. Combine a Polaroid, some waves, and washi tape and you’ve got yourself a cool tattoo like this one by Shay Tarlton. Or a very wet and sticky photograph.
12. We love how the water blends with her hair in this one. Unless that’s all hair? Ugh, we just grossed ourselves out.
13. This constellation tattoo is super cute, simple. And, only moderately inaccurate, according to our little brother, who’s an amateur astronomer and fledgling mansplainer.
14. This Aquarius tattoo by Joey Park would match our paisley jumper which we’re planning on wearing again when paisley is a thing again — like in 2024, the real dawn of the Age of Aquarius!
15. Not all water bearers are female, as showcased by this merman tattoo by Sam Rulz and, well, Babylonian history.
16. Sometimes less is more, as this simple tattoo by Luana Dórea proves. And sometimes more is more, as illustrated by simple logic!