It’s a rumor that’s spreading faster than a steamy latte on a cold winter day: Starbucks may be discontinuing its beloved raspberry syrup. While Starbucks has made no announcement about the discontinuation, the online rumor mill is freaking out.
For years, the tangy flavor of raspberry syrup has been a staple at Starbucks, allowing coffee drinkers to customize their drinks from lattes to Refreshers in a whole variety of ways. But now, the idea of no more Raspberry Cheesecake Lattes has the Internet worried. Or at least TikTok.
Where Did The Raspberry Syrup Rumor Come From?
The place where all rumors seem to begin these days: TikTok. On March 13th, Starbucks barista Anna Rosca shared a seven-second video of her looking distraught underneath the words “POV: ur me after I clock in @starbucks and read on the weekly update that they’re discontinuing raspberry syrup.”
The video has more than 337,000 views and hundreds of comments like “i cant go without my strawberry acai lemonade with raspberry,” “If this is true they’re I’ll literally lose hundreds of thousands JUST FROM ME,” and “early april fools please.” Y’all know you can buy your own, right?
Is the Rumor Real?
Officially, we don’t know. Unofficially, plenty of baristas over on the Starbucks subreddit are skeptical. But, according to The Sun, one California store has confirmed the rumor. And, other baristas on the thread have said they’ve seen it on their weekly update as well.
What Are Some Starbucks Drinks You Can Order with Raspberry Syrup?
Order these this week. Or, pick up some raspberry syrup and make them at home.
1. Pikachu Drink
- Ask for a Venti Green Tea Lemonade
- Ask for extra lemonade
- Ask for 10 pumps of classic syrup
- Ask for 6 pumps of raspberry syrup
- Ask for passion tango tea on top
2. Lovestruck Refresher
- Ask for a Venti Strawberry Açaí Refresher
- Ask for 7 pumps of raspberry syrup
- Ask for cold foam and strawberry puree
3. Red Velvet Shaken Espresso
- Ask for a Venti Iced Shaken Espresso
- Ask for no classic syrup
- Ask for 2 pumps Mocha Sauce, 2 pumps White Chocolate Mocha Sauce and 1 pump raspberry syrup
4. The Tiki Punch Tea
- Ask for a Venti Passion Tango Tea Lemonade
- Ask for peach juice
- Ask for 1 pump raspberry syrup
4. Raspberry Cheesecake Frappuccino
- Ask for a Grande White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino
- Ask for 1 pump hazelnut and 1 pump raspberry syrup
- Ask for whipped cream with light strawberry purée drizzle and caramel crunch topping
A few more secret menu recipes to try:
- Raspberry Mocha
- Raspberry White Mocha
- Raspberry Iced Tea
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Raspberry Frappuccino
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate
- Pink Drink with Raspberry Syrup
- Raspberry Caramel Macchiato
- Raspberry Iced Coffee
- Raspberry Tiramisu Frappuccino (Order a Caramel Frappuccino and ask for hazelnut syrup and raspberry syrup.)
- Raspberry Tuxedo Mocha (Order a White Chocolate Mocha, ask for chocolate mocha sauce and raspberry syrup.)
- Dunkin’ Rolls Out Ben Affleck’s Signature Iced Coffee Drink on Their New Menu - February 12, 2024
- Olivia Rodrigo’s Stanley Cup Collab Rocks the Internet - February 10, 2024
- 15 Flaming Desserts to Try If You’re Inspired by the Burnaway Cake Trend - February 9, 2024