The year-round spooky szn boys and ghouls know that scary stories don’t have to be long and drawn out. These two sentence horror stories are a perfect example of that. In just a few phrases, they’ll give you a creepy feeling that you just can’t shake off.
Just like every spiderweb you’ve ever walked into.
Don’t believe us? We rounded up the most unsettling short horror stories from Reddit. Some are ominous, leaving your mind to wander to an uncertain outcome. Others are straight to the point, and make you more than slightly concerned for whoever came up with them.
Whether you’re looking to give someone a quick fright, add a new line to your Twitter bio, or just don’t feel like sleeping for a while, these short scary stories will do the trick. And if you’re lucky, they’ll come with a treat!
The Best Two Sentence Horror Stories
1. My friends and I spent all Halloween night vandalizing the graveyard, knocking down stones, and breaking the terrified cemetery keeper’s windows.
The best part is that the police will waste all their time like they do every year, looking for living kids instead of us. – u/Monechetti
2. As a kid, it felt really unfair to get grounded so often.
“Payback,” I chuckle, setting the shovel aside. – u/ellefairy
3. A voice crying “shark” rang out, sending midnight swimmers into a frenzied swim back towards the beach.
The dweller – ever the patient hunter – let out its cry once more before going silent, waiting beneath the cool sand for its meal to come running to it. – u/Seawill
4. Parachute for sale: used once, condition like new.
Mild staining. – u/panther1994
5. Paralysed and starving, I can feel my eyes grow heavy.
But every time I close my eyes, the smiling man crawls a tiny bit closer. – u/Robotguy39
6. After I woke up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I noticed my reflection wasn’t in front of me.
But behind me. – u/rotaryswappedrx8
7. “Alright girls, we’re going to play hide and seek in the forest,” I loudly told my daughter and her friend at the edge of the woods.
Her friend ran in giggling but I stopped my daughter, knowing that one child will be enough to keep Them from bothering us for a while. – u/Monechetti
8. Living with my dad got me used to the sound of snoring.
Because of this, it took me far too long to notice the sound once I got my own place. – u/zoot-alt
9. I’ve lived in this house for ten years and done nothing wrong.
But today, the owner saw me. – u/HeyoGuys
10. My heart sank when the report card came in full of B’s instead of A’s.
All those patients received a transfusion of the wrong blood type. – u/AnthropomorphicCat
11. I asked the forensic analyst to repeat what he said while he was examining the crime scene.
“The shatter pattern of this mirror is only possible if it were broken from the inside.” – u/trevorium117
12. As I was listening to loud music, I heard scratching from my basement.
Good thing no one was home. – u/IceKnotReal
13. I stared in disgust at the ball of hair I just coughed up.
Imagine my horror as it sprouts legs and begins to crawl away. – u/EternallySleepyOne
14. They sewed up the hole in my head.
But now I cannot scream. – u/nxthxn_g
15. I decided to kill off a few characters in the book I’m writing.
It would definitely spice up my autobiography a little. – u/Killroy137
16. My sister and I used to love prank calling each other in the middle of the night.
Now that she’s been dead for two years, the calls aren’t funny anymore. – u/NaiveGuidance
17. I look out the dark window, that always helped me sleep at night as a child.
The eyes that were always keeping me comfortable were now gone. – u/IceKnotReal
18. It’s hard work, being a figment of someone’s imagination.
But then again, you already knew that. – u/fliponymousredux
19. My family can all remember their past lives, so one day I told my son I was a girl who was murdered.
He grinned and responded, “What are the odds we’d meet again?” – u/greedspossession
20. When I died, I was expecting to meet with God.
What I wasn’t expecting, however, was a voice saying “Subject 011 is waking up.” – u/Cryptic_Nerd01
21. I finished my final perfect pirouette to thunderous applause.
If only I could speak, and tell the little girl who owned my music box of the living hell I was trapped in. – u/velvetujung
22. People always ask how many kids come to my house for trick-or-treating.
None of them ever ask how many leave. – u/Sin-A-Bun
23. I kept hearing a strange giggle coming from my TV, regardless of what channel or volume it was on.
I never thought to check behind the TV. – u/IBMadMan
24. I recently taught myself Morse code, but I wish I hadn’t.
Now the birds peck at my window, warning me that “It’s coming.” – u/APantaloon94
25. I was finishing a horror story, so I wrote “The End.”
Then, my keyboard typed “is coming” completely by itself. – u/joshglen
- These BeReal Memes Are Even More Entertaining Than the App Itself - August 10, 2022
- The Best Yes, Chef Tweets We’ve Come Across - August 9, 2022
- Ezra Miller’s Criminal Escapades Finally Caused a Tweetstorm - August 9, 2022