Have you seen the latest trend? We’ve got a never-ending fascination with watching things explode, so we thought it was about time that all that energy was turned into something good. Enter hot chocolate bombs.
They’re like the antithesis of keto fat bombs and they’re 800% more delicious.
What Are Hot Chocolate Bombs?
Literal balls of chocolate that melt – like an edible bath bomb – when you pour hot milk on top or just drop the ball into the milk. Not to be confused with these bath bombs. Or like Jager bombs without the morning regret. If only we could remember to get our credit card from the bar!
After melting one of the chocolate bombs, you’re left with a warm mug of decadent hot cocoa and mini marshmallows. Most are filled with mini marshmallows, but some contain caramel, peppermint, pumpkin spice, or last year’s dreams.
Where Can You Get Them?
You can get pre-made hot chocolate bombs on Amazon and Etsy, but you can also make your own. More on that later. Or, skip ahead if you like spoilers.
PinkyPopsNYC offers a wide range of flavored bombs including, but not limited to pumpkin spice, unicorn blast, sea salt caramel, and keto. Are we still trying to make keto a thing? In that case, here’s our avocado chocolate fat bombs. We don’t recommend putting them in milk. (They turn into Gremlins.)
2. Classic Hot Chocolate Bombs, $8.08
These OG hot chocolate bombs dissolve to release mini marshmallows.
If you’ve always wanted to melt a snowman, then we found the perfect hot chocolate bomb for you. It’s like the alternative ending to Frozen.
4. Costco Cocoa Bombs
Costco’s version is a 16-pack with four different flavors: milk chocolate, strawberry, s’mores, and salted caramel. Because it’s not Costco if you’re not buying 12 more than you need.
View this post on Instagram
☕️ Hot Chocolate Bombs are at Costco!!! Have you seen these? You pour warm milk over them and they burst open with hot cocoa mix and marshmallows 🥰 So fun and tasty too!!! . . . . . #costco #costcohotfinds #costcofinds #costcodeals #costcohaul #costcolife #hotchocolate #hotchocolatebombs
If for some reason you have something against mini marshmallows, here’s a great alternative with marshmallow cream and caramel.
Hot Chocolate BombsPrint Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ Tbsp. mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp hot cocoa mix
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave until just melted.
- Pour a heaping tablespoon of melted chocolate into 6 cavities of the silcone mold.
- Use a spoon to spread the chocolate out so it coats the entire cavity.
- Tap the molds on the counter and set them aside for 10 minutes.
- Spread any extra chocolate that has pooled in the bottom on the sides. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to harden.
- Fill 3 of the cavities with cocoa and mini marshmallows.
- Microwave a plate until warm.
- To combine the spheres, gently press the edge of the other side of the sphere on the hot plate until the chocolate is slightly soft.
- Press the two sides of the sphere together. Run your finger around the outside to seal.
3 Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe Variations
1. Get your basic fix on with these Pumpkin Spice ones at Pastry Tales.
— Sandra Widick (@PastryTales) October 17, 2020
2. Is it too soon for peppermint hot chocolate? (No.)
NEW! This winter, lets up our hot chocolate game with these peppermint hot chocolate truffle bombs ❄️ I’m not saying they’re made with magic, but the holidays are filled with magic, so these might be, too ✨🎄🎅🏼 Recipe on the blog – link in bio!⠀
:… https://t.co/MeFWjUuCNA pic.twitter.com/5y2LOpe1mk
— Stress Baking (@theStressBaking) December 10, 2017
3. Spiked Peanut Butter Chocolate from The Rowdy Baker.
- These 23 Black Halloween Nails Will Have You Ready for Spooky Season - October 27, 2020
- Ain’t No Laws When You’re Wearing One of These 19 White Claw Halloween Costumes - October 26, 2020
- 25 Bonafied Hilarious Skeleton Puns - October 22, 2020