These bite-size baked pumpkin donut holes are light and fluffy and coated in cinnamon sugar! They’re the perfect fall snack or quick dessert.
Because it’s fall and that means it’s time for everything — and we do mean, everything — pumpkin spice flavored, we made baked pumpkin donut holes… without a donut pan for Cake Over Steak’s Virtual Pumpkin Party.
These soft and light donut holes are packed with flavor. And since they’re baked not fried, they’re great if you’re looking for a slightly healthier fall snack (emphasis on the slight as you know, cinnamon sugar).
To make them, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, and then drop about a tablespoon of batter into your mini muffin pan and bake for about 10 minutes. (If you don’t have a mini muffin pan but you do have a cake pop maker, that’ll work!)
Once the donuts come out of the oven, you’ll want to let them cool until they’re easy to handle but still warm. Coat them in melted butter, then dunk them in the cinnamon sugar mixture. You might notice that the donuts look kinda weird shaped when they come out of the oven. That’s ok! They’ll look rounder after you coat them in sugar.
The baked donut holes aren’t super sweet on their own, so if you don’t like things sweet, go easy on the sugar. They are however, pretty flavorful. If you want them to have more pumpkin flavor, add another half teaspoon of pumpkin spice.
The donuts are best eaten on the same day they’re made. If you need to bake them ahead of time, just wait to dunk them in butter and cinnamon sugar until you are close to serving them.
Pumpkin Donut HolesPrint Recipe
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (melted)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1½ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease mini muffin tin. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice together in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat egg in medium bowl. Add milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until fully combined. Add melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Transfer 1 tablespoon of batter to each muffin tin cavity.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until donut holes bounce back slightly when pressed. Remove from oven and let cool on cooling rack.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in small bowl. Set aside.
- Once donut holes have cooled and are ready to be enjoyed, dip each in melted butter. Shake off excess. Roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Elon Musk Announced His Hardcore “Twitter 2.0” Plan And That Went… Not Well - November 16, 2022
- 15 Tweets That Prove That Elon Musk Really Is Just A Twitter Troll - November 4, 2022
- You Can Make This Halloween Bark In 10 Minutes - October 18, 2022