January 22nd marks the year of the rabbit according to the Chinese zodiac. And, you know what that means: new Starbucks Lunar New Year cups! Every year, Starbucks releases a line up of new mugs, tumblers, and cups in honor of the beginning of the lunar calendar. It beats honoring the beginning of the new year with a wicked champagne hangover.
This symbol of the new lunar year, which begins on the first new moon, is the rabbit, and the result is an adorable collection featuring plenty of large-earned bunnies. We’re just thankful it’s not the year of the goat. Ours already has a big enough ego.
Some items are available stateside, but the full collection is only available in Asia. They sell out both online and in stores quickly, but you can usually find some on eBay or Etsy. Or you could hop on a plane. Our commitment to Starbucks cups knows know bounds, even if our expired passport argues otherwise.
Starbucks Cups for the 2023 Lunar New Year
1. Whipped Cream Rabbit Mug
2. New Year Rabbit Mug
3. Kawaii Rabbit Insulated Tumbler
4. Happy Bunny Mug
5. Lunar New Year 24oz Venti Tumbler
6. Mocha Rabbit Heat Resistant Mug
7. Lunar New Year Teapot Set
8. Latte Rabbit Mug
9. Daruma Rabbit Whip Mug
Three of the new Starbucks Lunar New Year mugs are designed to look like daruma dolls, which are symbols of good fortune and luck in Japanese culture. A cup of coffee with a side of liquid luck? Don’t mind if we do.
Available on eBay
10. Daruma Mocha Rabbit Mug
11. Green Rabbit Daruma Mug
12. New Year Canister Rabbit
13. Rabbit Pattern Heat Resistant Mug
14. Stainless Steel Ombre Tumbler
15. Stainless Steel Rabbit Logo Bottle
16. Rabbit Ears Bottle
17. Starbucks Mocha Rabbit Pouch
Starbucks also released this mocha rabbit pouch as part of their Lunar New Year collection in 2023. Do we have any use for it? No. Does it bring us joy? Duh. Are we going to name him Fluffy and love him forever? You bet your bottom dollar.
Available on eBay
18. Blue Rabbit Lunar New Year Mug
This baby blue mug features a smiling rabbit with a flower crown, and ears that can’t be tamed. All the better to hear us slurping down our coffee. It’s called ASMR. Look it up.
19. Mint Green Abstract Art Bunny Mug
This mug comes with enough flower power to get you through even the roughest of Mondays. No guarantee on Tuesdays, though.
20. Basket Mug with Rabbit Handle
Is it a peace sign? Is it bunny ears? Is it someone photo-bombing your selfie? Whatever it is, it’s cute.
21. Bunny Butt Mug
This blue mug features a chubby rabbit from the front and back on a pretty blue scene. We aren’t usually fond of butts on our mugs, but if it’s a fluffy bunny butt, we’ll make an exception to that rule. Okay fine, corgis count, too.
- 50 Valentine’s Day-Inspired Rooms to Use for Decorating Inspiration - February 9, 2024
- Shake Up One of These 27 Romantic Valentine’s Day Cocktails This Week - January 16, 2024
- Try These Starbucks Secret Menu Peppermint Drinks When You’re Tired Of Peppermint Mocha - December 21, 2023