The changing of the seasons may be traditionally marked by leaves and scarves, but we like counting the days based on what syrups are in rotation at Starbucks. Peppermint season may be one of our favorites, and we’re making the most of it by ordering all the Starbucks secret menu peppermint drinks we can find.
By adding ingredients like caramel, white mocha, sugar cookie syrup, and even a reindeer cake pop to the classic Peppermint Mocha, you can invent a world of minty new drinks. The Starbucks secret menu is actually what Jasmine and Aladdin were singing about.
10 Tasty Starbucks Secret Menu Peppermint Drinks
1. Grasshopper Frappuccino
This secret menu peppermint drink tastes just like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Start with a base of a Mocha Frappuccino. Add java chips to be blended in, and ask for 1-2 pumps of peppermint syrup, to taste.
You can top it off with whipped cream, and even ask for sprinkles if you want to add some extra pizzazz. It doesn’t taste like grasshoppers, but it sure looks like one.
- Order a Mocha Frappuccino
- Add java chips
- Add 1–2 pumps of peppermint syrup
2. Leprechaun Frappuccino
Want to go full leprechaun mode? It’s not March, but it’s still acceptable.
Start with a Matcha Crème Frappuccino base, and then add a few pumps of peppermint syrup, once again to taste. One pump is a slight minty breeze, two pumps is definitely present, and any more might verge on toothpaste.
Finish it off with some java chips and whipped cream.
- Order a Matcha Crème Frappuccino (a.k.a. Green Tea Frappuccino)
- Add peppermint syrup to taste
- Add java chips
3. Caramel Peppermint White Mocha
Caramel and peppermint don’t go together, you say? Bah humbug, we say. Well, Scrooge says that, but we like the sound of it, too.
This drink has everything. It starts with an Iced White Chocolate Mocha, increases the sweetness factor by adding extra caramel drizzle, and then is topped with vanilla cold foam. The secret? Add peppermint syrup to the cold foam. Just trust us.
- Order a Grande Iced White Chocolate Mocha
- Ask for extra caramel drizzle
- Top with vanilla cold foam, and ask for 1-2 pumps of peppermint syrup in the cold foam
4. Loaded Peppermint Mocha
Loaded with what, you ask? It’s not Bailey’s, but you can always add that when you get home. We can’t think of a single reason not to.
The recipe is simple: order a hot Peppermint Mocha, add a shot of espresso (hence “loaded”) and finish it off with some holiday sprinkles. Cheer becomes you.
- Order a Grande Hot Peppermint Mocha
- Add 1 shot of espresso
- Top with holiday sprinkles
5. Reindeer Tracks Frappuccino
This one is kinda extra extra, but you can still read all about it. And then order it. Why else are you reading this?
All roads lead back to a Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino. Hold the dark chocolate curls, but add chocolate chips to the drink. Ask for extra mocha drizzle, and top with holiday sprinkles.
Are you ready for the best part? Order a reindeer cake pop to adorn the top of your cup. Talk about the cutest thing you’ve ever seen, and then tell us why it’s this.
- Order a Grande Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino with no dark chocolate curls
- Add chocolate chips
- Ask for extra mocha drizzle around cup
- Top with extra red and green sprinkles
- Pair with a reindeer cake pop
6. Candy Cane Cold Brew
Admittedly, asking for a Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew without vanilla is a bit strange. It’s a real trust the process moment.
Instead of vanilla syrup, ask your barista to sub in four pumps of white mocha syrup and two pumps of peppermint syrup. Additionally, add two pumps of peppermint to the cold foam itself.
This drink is a real slap-you-in-the-face-with-peppermint kind of doozy, but it’ll certainly keep ya awake. So there’s that.
- Order a Venti Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- Ask for no vanilla, and sub with four pumps of white mocha and two pumps of peppermint
- Add two pumps of peppermint to the cold foam
- Top with red holiday topping
7. Andes Mint Cold Brew
Whenever an Andes mint adorns the pillow of our hotel bed, we just know we’re gonna sleep easier. This drink tastes just like those refreshing candies.
Order a Venti Cold Brew with three pumps of mocha syrup and three pumps of white mocha syrup. Add cold foam on top, with two pumps of peppermint in the cold foam. Top with chocolate curls, if you’re feeling adventurous.
- Order a Venti Cold Brew
- Add three pumps of mocha syrup and three pumps of white mocha syrup
- Add cold foam with two pumps of peppermint syrup
- Top with chocolate curls
8. Christmas Cookie Frappuccino
You’ve had a Girl Scout Cookie Frappuccino. Now it’s time to try a Christmas Cookie Frappuccino.
This secret menu recipe is unusual in that you can start with any creme-based Frappuccino as the base. Then, add a pump and a half of peppermint syrup and the same amount of toffee nut syrup, topped with whipped cream and raw sugar.
You read that right. Hey, it is a sugar cookie, after all.
- Order any Grande creme-based Frappuccino
- Add one and a half pumps of peppermint syrup and one and a half pumps of toffee nut syrup
- Top with whipped cream and a packet of raw sugar
9. Candy Cane Frappuccino
Sometimes, the best secret menu items keep it simple. Probably tough for you to do given the amount of presents under your tree right now, but give it your best shot.
For the Candy Cane Frappuccino, all you need to do is order a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino and add two pumps of peppermint syrup. You can top it with whipped cream, and add sprinkles or mocha drizzle depending on your preference.
- Order a Venti Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
- Add two pumps of peppermint syrup
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles or mocha drizzle
10. Peppermint White Mocha
Are you a fan of Starbucks’ white mocha sauce? This drink utilizes that asset to its fullest.
Order a Blonde Roast coffee hot, and ask for 4 pumps of white mocha sauce and 4 pumps of peppermint syrup. You can pull back on those quantities if you like your coffee less sweet.
Add an extra splash of milk to balance it out, and you’ve got yourself a holly jolly Christmas.
- Order a Grande Blonde Roast
- Add 4 pumps of white mocha sauce
- Add 4 pumps of peppermint syrup
- Add an extra splash of milk
- 50 Valentine’s Day-Inspired Rooms to Use for Decorating Inspiration - February 9, 2024
- Shake Up One of These 27 Romantic Valentine’s Day Cocktails This Week - January 16, 2024
- Try These Starbucks Secret Menu Peppermint Drinks When You’re Tired Of Peppermint Mocha - December 21, 2023