This Halloween Bark is a fun way to get into the spooky spirit of October. Just grab some chocolate, candy, and Halloween-themed sprinkles to make this holiday treat.
When it comes to themed treats, Halloween desserts and snacks are easily the most fun. Zombie cupcakes? Halloween donuts? Cakes decorated with skulls or to resemble the sandworms in Beetlejuice? If we keep going we’re going to get a sugar high.
Halloween is, hands down, one of our favorite holidays around here. From the costumes to the spooky treats, we’re big fans.
But, even if you don’t like the holiday because the Great Pumpkin gave you nightmares, you’ll love this sweet and salty Halloween Bark. After all, it’s made with chocolate and candy. Or wing of bat. The toppings are really up to you.
How to Make Halloween Bark
1. Make a Pretzel Layer
Spread out a layer of pretzels onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. This layer is optional, but it adds a salty flavor and crunchy texture that balances out the sweetness of the chocolate.
2. Melt the Chocolate
If you have a double boiler, melt your chocolate in that. Then please give us a tour of your estate’s grounds. If you have a microwave, heat the chocolate at 50% power for 30 seconds. Then stir, and repeat until the chocolate is smooth. Pour it on top of the pretzels and let it set for one minute. You can use milk or dark chocolate for your bark.
3. Melt the Candy Melts
While your chocolate is setting, melt your candy melts in the microwave. Then, transfer to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip and pipe cobwebs on top of the set chocolate while the melts are warm. This layer is optional, but adds color and flair to your finished Halloween Bark.
4. Decorate Your Halloween Bark
5. Let the Bark Set
Transfer the candy bark to the fridge so it can fully set. It should set up quickly.
If for some reason your fridge is haunted and it’s not setting, pop it into the freezer for a few moments. Then tell Bucky the demon he has to go live somewhere else because he’s messing with your Halloween treats.
What Can I Top My Halloween Bark With?
You can use almost any candy or edible sprinkles to decorate your bark, but here are some ideas:
- Reese’s Pieces
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Candy Corn
- Edible eyes
- Monster sprinkles
- Purple and green sprinkles
- Orange sprinkles
- Candy melts
- Bone sprinkles
- Glam Halloween sprinkles
- Jack Skellington and Pumpkin sprinkles
Halloween BarkPrint Recipe
- 2 cups pretzels
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups candy
- 1/2 bag purple candy melts (optional)
- Spread a layer of pretzels onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir. Repeat.
- Stir chocolate until smooth, then pour it on top of the pretzel layer. Spread evenly and let set for one minute.
- Melt purple candy melts in microwave. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip. Pipe on top of the chocolate to create cobwebs.
- Place your favorite candies, cookies, and any Halloween sprinkles on top of the chocolate layer.
- Store in fridge.
- If you want to enjoy the Halloween Bark at room temperature, use chocolate candy melts instead of chocolate.
- To make the skeleton, pour white chocolate or candy melts into a skeleton-shaped mold.
- Elon Musk Announced His Hardcore “Twitter 2.0” Plan And That Went… Not Well - November 16, 2022
- 15 Tweets That Prove That Elon Musk Really Is Just A Twitter Troll - November 4, 2022
- You Can Make This Halloween Bark In 10 Minutes - October 18, 2022