And a reminder that we really shouldn’t have one after 3pm.
Starbucks first debuted cold foam at the Seattle Reserve Roastery in December 2014 with the Americano Con Crema. Four years later, it got its break into Starbies locations around the U.S. and Canada, becoming a staple in many cold brew and nitro cold brew beverages. It’s not the glow up story we were expecting, but it’s the one we apparently needed.
Especially after a full week of 8AM meetings. Thanks, Gary.
What Is Starbucks Cold Foam?
Well, friends, it’s foam…that is cold! Oh, you already understood that much? Then more specifically, the basic Starbucks Cold Foam is made by blending nonfat milk until it’s smooth. Then you can add in sweeteners and flavors like vanilla, chocolate, caramel, or the strength to get through another day without yelling at someone.
Okay we haven’t actually seen that last one on the menu, but never say never!
Until then, here are some of the best Starbucks Cold Foam drinks on the main menu, plus some secret menu Starbucks Cold Foam drinks.
Starbucks Cold Foam Drinks
1. Cold Brew with Cold Foam
A classic pairing of plain cold brew and the original cold foam. It’s simple and unassuming, but will satisfy your needs for coffee with a touch of sweetness. Something your ex could never give you.
2. Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
Some people say vanilla is boring. We say those people have never tried this drink. A little vanilla is added to the cold brew, and it’s topped with a vanilla sweet cream. It’s also available as a nitro cold brew option if you want to impress your barista. But only if you stop winking like that.
3. Chocolate Cream Cold Brew
4. Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
Now we’re getting a little funky. This time the cold brew is sweetened with caramel and is topped with rich, salted cold foam. Rich, huh? Think it can pay for our drink order?
5. White Chocolate Macadamia Cream Cold Brew
Released in 2023, this drink with a long winded name should in theory have a lot of flavors in it. The cold brew is made with macadamia syrup, then topped with a white chocolate macadamia cream cold foam and toasted cookie crumbles.
We took it out for a taste test and found that it has a nice nutty, toasted flavor to it. The macadamia flavor is pretty understated, and the white chocolate? Nowhere to be found. We love a good game of hide and seek, but this took things to the extreme.
6. Irish Cream Cold Brew
Order this and you’ll get cold brew swirled with Irish cream syrup, and topped with a vanilla sweet cream cold foam and a hint of cocoa. It was created for the holiday season, but you can order it year round if your store has the supplies in stock.
7. Oleato Golden Foam Cold Brew
This is part of the olive oil drink collection, which really divided people. It features regular cold brew that’s topped with a Partanna olive-oil infused cold foam, giving it a lovely gold color, and a very unique different taste.
We tried it out, and didn’t totally hate it. (Rave review, we know.) The foam’s flavor was pretty intense, and it kind of tasted like olive oil ice cream. If it works for Jeni’s Ice Cream, why can’t it work for Starbucks?
8. Cold Brew with Cinnamon Oatmilk Foam
Non-dairy drinkers, rejoice! Starbucks has an oat milk cold foam option. And you can save 15 percent or more on your car insurance!
This beverage is made with cold brew and topped with lightly sweet cinnamon, vanilla syrup and oatmilk cold foam. If you’re not oatver the moon for oat milk, they also have an almondmilk version. We said what we said.
9. Cinnamon Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew
The Starbucks nitro coffee is made with flavors of cinnamon caramel, then topped with vanilla sweet cream cold foam and dusted with even more cinnamon. It’s smooth, sweet, and packed with caffeine. And above all else, it’s way more pleasant than doing the Cinnamon Challenge.
If you’re not into nitro, this is also available as a regular cold brew drink.
10. Iced Cappuccino with Cold Foam
Diverging from the cold brew base, this drink is made with espresso and a layer of frothed cold foam. And ice, in case you didn’t get that from the name.
It’s pretty similar to the regular cold brew cold foam drink, but the espresso will give you a slightly different flavor. Assuming you’re not just slurping up the cold foam and tossing the rest out.
Starbucks Cold Foam Secret Menu Drinks
1. Cookies and Cream Cold Brew
- Order a Venti Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew with only two pumps of vanilla
- Add four pumps of white mocha
- Ask for two pumps of regular mocha in the cold foam
- Top with mocha cookie crumbles
2. White Chocolate Strawberry Dream
- Order a Venti Iced White Chocolate Mocha
- Ask for vanilla sweet cold foam with strawberry puree
3. Honey Bee Cold Brew
- Order a Venti Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew with light ice
- Add two pumps of vanilla
- Top with vanilla sweet cream cold foam, honey drizzle, and toast honey topping
4. Cinnamon Roll Cold Brew
- Order a Venti Cold Brew with four pumps of white mocha
- Ask for sweet cream with two pumps of cinnamon dolce in the foam
- Top with cinnamon dolce topping
5. Strawberry Cold Brew
- Order a Grande Cold Brew
- Add one pump each of raspberry syrup and white mocha
- Ask for sweet cream foam with strawberry puree blended in
6. Matcha Pink Drink
7. Blackberry Caramel Macchiato
- Order a Venti Iced Macchiato
- Ask for a scoop of blackberries blended in
- Top with vanilla sweet cream foam blended with blackberries
- Then top with blackberry inclusions and caramel drizzle
- Order a Venti Cold Brew
- Add three pumps each of white mocha and regular mocha
- Ask for vanilla sweet cream cold foam with a scoop of matcha powder and two pumps of peppermint
- Top with mocha cookie crumble
9. Shamrock Irish Cream Cold Brew
10. Candy Cane Cold Brew
- Order a Venti Sweet Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew
- Ask for no vanilla
- Add 4 pumps of white mocha syrup
- Add 2 pumps of peppermint syrup
- Ask for 2 pump of peppermint in the cold foam
- Ask for holiday topping (seasonal)
11. Neapolitan Cold Brew
- Order a Grande Iced White Chocolate Mocha with light ice
- Add strawberry cold foam on top
12. Pink Sugar Cookie
- Order a Trenta Pink Drink with light ice and no strawberries
- Add 2 pumps of sugar cookie syrup
- Ask for vanilla sweet cream cold foam topping with 2 pumps of sugar cookie syrup.
13. Nutty Caramel Iced Matcha
- Order an Iced Grande Matcha Latte
- Add extra caramel drizzle on the cup
- Add dark caramel sauce on the cup
- Add 2 pumps brown sugar
- Add 1 pump hazelnut
- Add 1 pump toffee nut
- Top with Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam